Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6232

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I don't make it Stateside very often, so I had a lot of shopping to do for the wife and son. But I did manage to sneak a few things for myself.

New pair of Levi's 508s and a couple of knit ties:

The big score (for me): Barbour Beauly, size medium, reg $399. Found it on the XXL rack of Macy's clearance area. Price tag had it reduced to $135, but when the cashier rang it through, she told me they had an extra 40% off clearance items. $81!!

Went back and hunted through the clearance racks some more, and also picked up an RLP blue gingham linen shirt. Again size medium, and again hiding out on the XXL rack.

Also got a new Merkur safety razor on sale and some Smartwool no-shows (as well as stocking up on some single malts). Overall, a very productive trip!

Not really a purchase, but a company did send me one of their linen suits to review. Very nice, except for the sleeves which are about an inch too long. But ... functioning cuff buttons. So I'll need to see what I can do about that.

Levi's 508 look great, is it regular fit.
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
    Levi's 508 look great, is it regular fit.
    In Levi's, I normally wear 511s, so I can compare them to those. The 508s are roomier in the hips and thighs, but not baggy (501s are way too baggy on me). They have a noticeable tapper starting just above the knee. I usually take a 33 in 511s. In the 508s I took a 32, and the leg opening is about the same as the 511s. The rise on the 508s is a little higher and the material is nicer. I really like the the fit. Hope that helps!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    In Levi's, I normally wear 511s, so I can compare them to those. The 508s are roomier in the hips and thighs, but not baggy (501s are way too baggy on me). They have a noticeable tapper starting just above the knee. I usually take a 33 in 511s. In the 508s I took a 32, and the leg opening is about the same as the 511s. The rise on the 508s is a little higher and the material is nicer. I really like the the fit. Hope that helps!
    Thank you, for detailed explanation, I really appreciate

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

C&J Chelsea 3's got here today, just waiting on the weather to cool down a bit before I can start wearing them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post

C&J Chelsea 3's got here today, just waiting on the weather to cool down a bit before I can start wearing them

I would move into an industrial freezer if it meant I could start wearing those immediately!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post

Awesome, I can understand how difficult it would be to wait.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    LL Bean just put a bunch of these on clearance, and I picked one up on a whim (I had a gift card to burn). Now I'm glad I did. Just got back from a weekend at a friend's cabin up north, which cemented its place as one of my favorite pieces of clothing. It's like a particularly cozy sweatshirt, minus the ultra-casual look. It's nice to be able to feel that comfortable going into town without looking like a schlub.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11235...ductId=1454820

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
    LL Bean just put a bunch of these on clearance, and I picked one up on a whim (I had a gift card to burn). Now I'm glad I did. Just got back from a weekend at a friend's cabin up north, which cemented its place as one of my favorite pieces of clothing. It's like a particularly cozy sweatshirt, minus the ultra-casual look. It's nice to be able to feel that comfortable going into town without looking like a schlub.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11235...ductId=1454820
    Thanks--I'm always looking for popovers. How is the fit? If you don't mind posting the size you bought and chest measurement, that would be super helpful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    Thanks--I'm always looking for popovers. How is the fit? If you don't mind posting the size you bought and chest measurement, that would be super helpful.
    I got an XL, which was a pretty roomy fit without an undershirt. I wear a 50r jacket at present. Their flannel and chamois stuff tends to run pretty huge unless it's their slim fit, which runs closer to other retailers regular sizes.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Just snagged a brown plaid waistcoat from Frank & Oak for a measly $39 - fits perfect!

Pic in WIWT will follow.
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size