Page 509 of 635 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 6344

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I was taken aback by your comment, as Bonobos usually does a reasonable job with matching model to fit... but you're right, that one is visibly rather off! Must have run out of slim fit jackets on shooting day.

https://bonobos.com/bundles/the-foun...short-waist=35
    Yeah, they usually pay better attention to detail but it sticks out like a sore thumb when browsing. Reminds me of the pre-tailoring images from Joe's review of JCrew Crosby suiting a while back.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2145 Post(s)
    Got my Bonobos suit. Jacket fits pretty well. I mis-guessed my pants size and would need to exchange if I wanted to keep the suit.

Not sure I'm digging the whole thing as a suit though... the Colonel Sanders vibe is rather strong. I'm contemplating just keeping the jacket, though that is potentially redundant with a khaki cotton jacket I already have.

I went ahead and ordered the seersucker suit as well, just for kicks... I mean, if I find a light-colored cotton suit overly costumey, the odds are slim that I would be able to take myself seriously in baby blue seersucker. But we'll see I guess.
    Ben

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Common Projects Achilles Low in white. Opumo had a sale and they had my size in stock. I took it as a sign! Common Projects have been talked about so much they're almost passe, but I've received more comments about these then any other recent purchase.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Bit of a splurge this last couple of weeks. Picked up 3 Spier & Mackay polos in their last deal. Grey is definitely my favorite in terms of fabric feel. It has this really nice brushed cotton thing going on on the inside. Blue is a little stiffer in feel. Ironically, I went with the deal because I've been looking for a white polo, and it turns out it's my least favorite. Fabric doesn't feel as nice as the others. The search continues ....

And I finally bought a light brown linen blazer in Massimo Dutti's in-store sale for $99. This thing is light weight, which is perfect for where I live. Sleeves need tailoring, and I'd like to have it taken in a little at the waist, but overall fit is pretty good OTR. Also want to change the buttons; not crazy about the contrast with the ivory colored ones it has now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    After a 3 month back order, these finally shipped and made it home. Alden shell gunboats from Jcrew.

http://i.imgur.com/pNbkCKj.jpg?1

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Got my Bonobos suit. Jacket fits pretty well. I mis-guessed my pants size and would need to exchange if I wanted to keep the suit.

Not sure I'm digging the whole thing as a suit though... the Colonel Sanders vibe is rather strong. I'm contemplating just keeping the jacket, though that is potentially redundant with a khaki cotton jacket I already have.

I went ahead and ordered the seersucker suit as well, just for kicks... I mean, if I find a light-colored cotton suit overly costumey, the odds are slim that I would be able to take myself seriously in baby blue seersucker. But we'll see I guess.
    I was pretty close to grabbing that seersucker too, but I don't think I'm quite confident enough yet to rock that suit... There are always seersuckers up on ebay for under 100 bones, may have to start there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)
    Nice shells.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
    Nice shells.
    Thank you!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    After a 3 month back order, these finally shipped and made it home. Alden shell gunboats from Jcrew.

http://i.imgur.com/pNbkCKj.jpg?1
    Very nice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Very nice.
    Thank you! Normally not a fan of long wings, but I was able to get these for a crazy good price, and couldn't pass them up.