Page 504 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 6242

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

The Raen "Garwood" sunglasses from the Shine box still available at BespokePost. I only grab a few boxes each year, and the summer shades one is always one of the top values (this year and last year it includes a leather case and pocket square that doubles as a cleaning cloth)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuFrank View Post

The Raen "Garwood" sunglasses from the Shine box still available at BespokePost. I only grab a few boxes each year, and the summer shades one is always one of the top values (this year and last year it includes a leather case and pocket square that doubles as a cleaning cloth)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great sunglasses, my favorite style.
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Just bought these two jackets for wedding season and for part of my own wedding in October.

I have had my eye on the Ludlow shawl-collar dinner jacket in fiore cotton for sometime now but I could never find it on Ebay in my size and it never seemed to go on sale with the constant 30% off. I don't normally do this but opened a JC credited card and got 15% and got it for $253 ($298 normally). I am aware of the Dappered review that states it is heavy/stiff and even some JC reviews that say it is darker than the website picture but 1. I love the shawl collar and fiore cotton look, it just gives it a classy look that can be paired down unlike a tux. 2. While I wish the jacket was a vibrant and light in color as shown in the picture I have seen more realistic pictures of the jacket on Ebay, and it still is wonderful. I will be wearing this to an evening wedding in August pretty much like what the JC picture has on and for my faux wedding in October (getting married over seas in 2017) I will wear the same thing but with a bow tie.

The second jacket I got was a steal. The previous day JC had Legacy blazers for 40% off for 24 hours but they said the Ludlow was sold out. The next day they were back in stock at $310 plus 30% plus my 15% for opening a card that day, so a total of $188 for a $388 jacket. Oddly enough I don't have a navy wool blazer in my collection and again I have another wedding in SC in October. I plan to wear this then with a bright tie and slacks.

Overall I think this almost completes my wardrobe for Joe's suggested top 5 types of blazers. Navy wool blazer YES, casual cotton blazer YES have a blue and khaki JC, lightweight summer blazer YES a denim and cotton unlined, special occasion blazer YES fiore cotton shawl collar. I just don't have a brown or grey wool sports coat yet

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Bourbon Strands got here. Perfect condition except for a small blemish on each heel. Nothing shoe cream wont fix.
    Only concern is that the uppers v out instead of lacing up to parallel. Not sure what this means or if it's a deal breaker? I ordered my typical 9D. I've never had this before. Bad last for my foot?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Only concern is that the uppers v out instead of lacing up to parallel. Not sure what this means or if it's a deal breaker? I ordered my typical 9D. I've never had this before. Bad last for my foot?
    Unfortunately, that looks to be the case. A lot of Allen Edmonds lasts tend to run slim & long. For example, I'm typically a 11D or 11.5D, but in Strands, I was sized at a 10.5EEE

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Unfortunately, that looks to be the case. A lot of Allen Edmonds lasts tend to run slim & long. For example, I'm typically a 11D or 11.5D, but in Strands, I was sized at a 10.5EEE
    Damn. Lost cause?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Park View Post
    Just bought these two jackets for wedding season and for part of my own wedding in October.
    Loving the shawl collar jacket! When you get it and wear it to the wedding, I hope you take some pics for the WIWT thread!

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Damn. Lost cause?

If they're not uncomfortable, it's not a big deal. I'd re-lace them so that you don't see the zigzag on the underside, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    That you! Also got my Ludlow Tux Shawl collar on ebay for my wedding in 2017. Will post pics after I get the arms tailored on the jackets since JCrew arms are always too long on me

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    If they're not uncomfortable, it's not a big deal. I'd re-lace them so that you don't see the zigzag on the underside, though.
    No They're not too uncomfortable at all. I just couldn't decide how bad it looked. I saw some models on AEs site that have have the v. So I dunno. Haha, I'll relace them.