Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Upload to imgur first, my man.
    @Mr.Awesome
    Last edited by Terminado; May 15th, 2016 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    395 Post(s)
    Blue Neumoks. Just ordered today, should be here soon. My chili 5th avenues arrive monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just ordered several items today... I finally got me a Ludlow Summer weight Cotton-Linen Blazer in Deep Water in my size, several Nordstrom white pinpoint dress shirts, NYSCollection Stanton sunglasses in silver-black/smoke, and Ultimate Slim Lightweight Built-In-Flex Khakis in San Francisco Sky.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Just eBayed my 2nd pair of used Allen Edmonds... hopefully these are as nice as the Fifth Avenues I eBayed earlier this year!

A pair of Byrons in black. I don't wear black shoes often so I didn't want to spend much, this seemed to be just the pair I needed.
    $56.

Here are the Fifth Avenues I got for $70:

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drzenitram View Post
    Just eBayed my 2nd pair of used Allen Edmonds... hopefully these are as nice as the Fifth Avenues I eBayed earlier this year!

A pair of Byrons in black. I don't wear black shoes often so I didn't want to spend much, this seemed to be just the pair I needed.
    $56.

Here are the Fifth Avenues I got for $70:
    Is there a difference between the Byron and Fifth Ave? Look near identical to me (outside color, obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Is there a difference between the Byron and Fifth Ave? Look near identical to me (outside color, obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't believe I didn't even notice that! Ha. I knew I liked the look of the Fifth Avenue, I guess that's what drew my eye to the Byron. Apparently the only difference is the last (Byron is #4, Fifth Avenue is #5). I'll compare them side-by-side this weekend when the Byrons come in.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drzenitram View Post
    I can't believe I didn't even notice that! Ha. I knew I liked the look of the Fifth Avenue, I guess that's what drew my eye to the Byron. Apparently the only difference is the last (Byron is #4, Fifth Avenue is #5). I'll compare them side-by-side this weekend when the Byrons come in.
    I also just got a pair of Byrons on eBay. It seems like they were phased out in favor for the Fifth Ave's a few years ago.

I'm a big fan so far. The Byron last is less sleek than the 5 last, but it's also much comfier in the toe box. It's a bit of a shorter, wider toe, but really not noticeable unless you have them side by side.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Just bought a pair of Alden tan suede penny loafers off of Shop Lost & Found in Canada. The exchange rate made them a little over $100 cheaper after shipping. Also bought the Billy Reid Bond Peacoat. They're going for 60% off on East Dane with Amazon Prime shipping and free returns, so it was hard to resist.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I test-drove the CRV plus the Outback and Forester. I thought the CRV would be a real contender but not after driving it - not only was the ride not as good as the others, but the interior felt cheap and the center console area was set up really strangely.
    When we were looking for a small SUV for my wife a few years ago we had the same conclusion. we ended up going with an Acura RDX instead. It was so much nicer on the inside than the CRV.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    395 Post(s)
    In preparation for the VW TDI buyback, I've started looking at A6 diesels.... nothing purchased yet though.