Page 49 of 634 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just got a light gray Dolce & Gabbana suit for $199 from Nordstrom Rack because it had been altered. Fits me perfectly. Retail was labeled as $2200. Pretty ecstatic about this!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Ian- Congrats on that suit. That is one of those right place/right time deals. Wish they had something like that at my Nordstrom Rack.

Anyways, I picked this up last week at Lands End for $39.99 after seeing it on a Primer Online Magazine 'Getup'. It's the first cutaway collar shirt I've bought so I am curious how I'll like it:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-tailored-fit-cutaway-collar-poplin-dress-shirt~237646_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::L18&CM_MERC H=IDX_men-_-dress-shirts-ties-_-tailored&origin=index

Bought it with this from LEC to get the free shipping and for the more relaxed vibe. Plus it was only $19.99 (in the Glacier Blue Large Plaid):

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-large-plaid-poplin-shirt~224869_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::XX5&CM_MERC H=IDX_men-_-shirts-&origin=index

Lastly, I got these from DSW. I had a $20 Rewards Certificate to use so they only came out to $65.17 shipped. Went with the tan leather.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/clarks+men%27s+bushacre+chukka+boot?prodId=207132& brand=dsw11brand2200020&isBrand=y&categoryName=Men 's%20Shoes

They should all be arriving tomorrow so I'm pretty excited.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

@n0rm if for some reason you have trouble getting those double monks to fit you right...let me know...

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Just picked this up:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=904828002

For $25 w/ tax. Store was running 30% off sale prices!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Just bought these for $45 shipped, figured I would try out J&M as long as they were made in usa. Look hardly worn, all the stitching on sole is still white.

And will be picking these up for $80 including shoe trees, off kijiji go figure. Not sure what AE model they are, but I could put them on ebay for more than that I imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@thmage: wife went to Manhattan for some shopping and brought them home Sunday night. She won't tell me where she got them. It's her way of making up to me for not letting me pull the trigger on new, never worn pair of Hanover LB Sheppard Longwings for $35 couple of weeks ago.

TBH, they are not my style, (too flashy)but am not going to tell her that!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

n0rm you make her tell you! $270 for $1200 worth of shoes.....or are you just trying to make everyone cry.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

If they are not your style and you dont think you will use them then you should definitely pass them along to someone like me I would make great use out of that double monk!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Redoing my entire wardrobe the last 3 months. Quite the experience in learning how the hell actually to buy clothes. Working on a very versatile wardrobe before I branch out.

Latest purchase is AE walnut strand, by far the best wheels I own for a while.

The rest but not as awesome

maui jims not sure of the model but sporty

dunham captain in tan boat shoes, sandals replacement

ecco, atlanta toe dress shoes in brown

4 polo shirts, white, blue, navy, black

3 gingham dress shirts, decent fit, navy, blue, light blue

various other dress shirts, decent fit, next major purchase is MTM dress shirts with excellent quality, white, light blue, navy, black

skagen, brown dress watch, silver dial, blue hands, reviewed on dapper a while ago

d1 grey soft khaki

banana republic, 5 pocket canvas khakis

gap tailored fit medium grey khakis

j crew club shorts, seer sucker and khaki

thrifted navy blazer

various matching belts

banana republic jeans

levis 511 or 514, dark jeans

I still really need a great fitted suit in medium grey, possibly indochino.

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)

Got my new Seiko in the mail today, and slapped a strap on it immediately. It sure looks like a watch that cost a lot more than $60.

Ben