Page 499 of 624 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 6236

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2050 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Very nice. Which Toyota? My family is a Toyota family. We owned a Jeep in the early 90s, but after numerous issues, my dad bought a Camry and we never looked back.
    RAV4. First new car in 11 years. I am

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    RAV4. First new car in 11 years. I am

Very nice! What'd you drive before that?

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2050 Post(s)
    Very nice! What'd you drive before that?
    2005 Ford Focus sedan. The RAV is a marked improvement.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    2005 Ford Focus sedan. The RAV is a marked improvement.
    It sure is. One thing that I noticed that Toyota does better than most is how smooth the ride is and how quiet the cabin is. Honda doesn't compare to Toyota in this regard, at least the last time I was in the market for a car. Nice buy!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    Toyota is going nuts with their grills lately. Filtering shown from Lexus.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2050 Post(s)
    It sure is. One thing that I noticed that Toyota does better than most is how smooth the ride is and how quiet the cabin is. Honda doesn't compare to Toyota in this regard, at least the last time I was in the market for a car. Nice buy!
    I test-drove the CRV plus the Outback and Forester. I thought the CRV would be a real contender but not after driving it - not only was the ride not as good as the others, but the interior felt cheap and the center console area was set up really strangely.

Came down to the Outback or the RAV4... went with the Toyota in part due to its reputation for reliability and in part because everyone and their grandmother drives a Subie in this mountain town. I heard about a 2016 Outback recall on the radio yesterday so I think I made the right choice.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    I test-drove the CRV plus the Outback and Forester. I thought the CRV would be a real contender but not after driving it - not only was the ride not as good as the others, but the interior felt cheap and the center console area was set up really strangely.

Came down to the Outback or the RAV4... went with the Toyota in part due to its reputation for reliability and in part because everyone and their grandmother drives a Subie in this mountain town. I heard about a 2016 Outback recall on the radio yesterday so I think I made the right choice.
    Yup, certainly seems like Subarus are on a steep upward trend. I see a lot more WRXs and Foresters, than before, with a few friends trading in their Toyotas/Hondas for Subaru. I also considered a WRX/Acura TL-SH over my current car when I was shopping, but I went with the more comfortable/quieter option, as performance was no longer the biggest factor for me. Also, as you stated, the interior was also cleaner styled in my current car, than the other two (too aggressive for my tastes). Great choice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    I heard about a 2016 Outback recall on the radio yesterday so I think I made the right choice.
    Recalls are just part of the game with cars. There are so many components that something is inevitably going to fail at a higher than expected rate and trigger a recall. I don't think I've ever owned a car that had zero recalls.

With that said, I'm sure you will enjoy the Rav4.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    390 Post(s)
    I am more worried when automakers don't have any recalls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have some awesome buys I want to share... but how do I post pics from my computer?