Page 473 of 624 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 6236

Thread: Recent Purchases

  1. #4721
    Varsity Member dangerpenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    401
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    147 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I haven't purchased much clothing related stuff this year but I did recently pick up this coat during the MrPorter sale.
    https://www.mrporter.com/mens/gant_r...t/586368?ppv=2
    It fits me perfectly. I'll try to get a pic of me wearing it later today.

    I'm a fan of the lighter brown buttons against that blue texture.

  2. #4722
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Shoemart seconds just came in. Alden PTB 990 color 8.


  3. #4723
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,497
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    Shoemart seconds just came in. Alden PTB 990 color 8.

    Very nice. How much were they if you don't mind me asking.

  4. #4724
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Very nice. How much were they if you don't mind me asking.
    475 + 10 shipping. Shoemart seconds went up 50 about 2-3 months ago.

  5. #4725
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,497
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    475 + 10 shipping. Shoemart seconds went up 50 about 2-3 months ago.
    Wow, that's a steal. Any idea how often the seconds sale comes around, and what made them seconds?

  6. #4726
    Dappered Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    3,032
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Absolutely ridiculous price for shell ptb seconds Imo. They look great but damn.

  7. #4727
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Wow, that's a steal. Any idea how often the seconds sale comes around, and what made them seconds?
    Generally the seconds batches come out once a month but during summer, there wasn't one I don't think. Then around November, December and January it was once a month. Must be based on their manufacturing/sales cycle?

    On some parts, the shell isn't as smooth, what cheapskates like me like to call "character".

    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous price for shell ptb seconds Imo. They look great but damn.
    Hah, reading @devastitis and your comments one after the other got me confused. It's a lot of money for sure but I used the oldest "excuse" in the book of fine menswear, "this will last me a life time, I won't need to buy any more shoes!"

  8. #4728
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,497
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    Generally the seconds batches come out once a month but during summer, there wasn't one I don't think. Then around November, December and January it was once a month. Must be based on their manufacturing/sales cycle?

    On some parts, the shell isn't as smooth, what cheapskates like me like to call "character".



    Hah, reading @devastitis and your comments one after the other got me confused. It's a lot of money for sure but I used the oldest "excuse" in the book of fine menswear, "this will last me a life time, I won't need to buy any more shoes!"
    Good to know. I'll keep on the look out for them.

    And AE shell seconds sales have them at $399, so $85 more for Aldens is a great deal IMO.

  9. #4729
    Dappered Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    3,032
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    That is true, a better value than AE shell seconds. Also I've forgotten how much alden shell sells for now.

  10. #4730
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Good to know. I'll keep on the look out for them.
    They don't advertise them or post them on their website. You have to sign up for the email: http://www.theshoemart.com/contact/c...irregular.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •