Page 449 of 635 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Just ordered the Thompson tuxedo from J.Crew Factory, along with some accessories (cummerbund, bowtie, suspenders) from JC/JCF.

I'm auditioning for the local symphony and will likely get a spot as a substitute/alternate (no other openings for my instrument currently). I know the Thompson's notch collar isn't ideal but I need something inexpensive, well-fitting, and offered as separates so I'll make do.
    Got my tux - I don't love the notch lapels and the shoulders are a little stronger than I prefer but overall I am satisfied. Also got suspenders and a real bow tie, both new experiences for me. Should get my cummerbund soon. I'm undecided as to whether I will get special shoes. Part of me would love to own velvet opera slippers with embroidered skulls or something, but really my black oxfords are probably good enough.

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    After doing all that and in a stylish way , special shoes are needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    It's a great tux, especially for the money. If you'd prefer a peak lapel tuxedo from JCF, they do make them but only seem to sell them in B&M stores (there are two in Long Island, which is a luxury I understand is not available for most). If none of those stores are close by, try calling to see if they'll ship to you.

No idea why they don't offer the peak lapel tux jacket online.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    I just received the navy suede plain toe bluchers I ordered from Barney's last week. I can't remember if it was Joe or someone around the threads that pointed them out, but thanks to whoever it was. The shoes are very nice - they fit well, they have an attractive shape, the suede is decent (the nap is on the shorter side, but it's plenty soft), they're goodyear welted ... and they cost $60. I actually have a pair of crappy navy suede wingtips that I wear on occasion, but that seem like they are about to fall apart because they're basically garbage. These are a great replacement and the price was great. They also threw in a shoehorn, which doesn't bum me out.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Look great Shomas, and they're GYW so if you ever want, you could resole them on something else in the future if orange ain't your thing. Shape is really nice.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Look great Shomas, and they're GYW so if you ever want, you could resole them on something else in the future if orange ain't your thing. Shape is really nice.
    Totally - although I don't really mind the sole color (it's more reddish than these pics show). The sole material actually makes them very light, which is quite novel compared to most of my other shoes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    Totally - although I don't really mind the sole color (it's more reddish than these pics show). The sole material actually makes them very light, which is quite novel compared to most of my other shoes.
    Shoes with light sole give extra comfy feeling which is great.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    I just received the navy suede plain toe bluchers I ordered from Barney's last week. I can't remember if it was Joe or someone around the threads that pointed them out, but thanks to whoever it was. The shoes are very nice - they fit well, they have an attractive shape, the suede is decent (the nap is on the shorter side, but it's plenty soft), they're goodyear welted ... and they cost $60. I actually have a pair of crappy navy suede wingtips that I wear on occasion, but that seem like they are about to fall apart because they're basically garbage. These are a great replacement and the price was great. They also threw in a shoehorn, which doesn't bum me out.

Nice!

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    I considered those but ended up buying this a few days ago so I am now not allowed to spend on clothing, shoes, watches, etc until it's paid off. Luckily I have a pretty big wardrobe so I have no 'need' of anything for a long time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I considered those but ended up buying this a few days ago so I am now not allowed to spend on clothing, shoes, watches, etc until it's paid off. Luckily I have a pretty big wardrobe so I have no 'need' of anything for a long time.

lol possibly the most expensive single item shared in this thread.
    congrats