Page 441 of 634 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 6338

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, they're really great shoes and worth every penny. They match my Alden x J Crew cap toe boots perfectly.
    I don't know who you are. And I don't know why you hate my sanity so much. But you should know that I have a very unique love of shoes. A love of shoes that makes me dangerous to men like you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Ordered a navy mac jacket from both Gap and BR. Gap was 30% off, and BR 35% off stacked on top of a sale price. Be nice to see how they look and fit in person, hopefully one of them will work for me since I need a nice lightweight jacket to wear over my suits.

mistabutters
    I recently found out I got into grad school in Chicgao, and having lived in Southern California for the past 9 years I lack appropriate clothing.

Over the past week picked up:
    -J Crew Kenton Plain Toe Boot for $90 (retail $268)
    -J Crew Cashmere Scarf for $24 (retail $110)
    -Bonobos Technical Parka for $103 (retail $495)

I know Bonobos is overpriced at full retail, but that is nearly 80% with the promo code they are running. Hopefully now I will be at least somewhat prepared for rain/cold/snow.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Going to visit my brother in El Paso at the end of the month, picked up some warm-weather essentials during the Jcrew Factory gilt city promotion:

-Slim Pocket Tees in grey and navy. These seemed to be cut slimmer than ones I've bought in previous years.
    -Khaki and Olive green 9" shorts. These seem to be right on par to the quality of mainline shorts. Interestingly enough, they hit my leg at the same spot as my 7" shorts from mainline. Seems like the factory cut has a bit of a higher rise, which is a welcome difference for me.
    -Short-sleeve oxford. This also seems to be cut much slimmer than the older one it replaced. The fabric is also noticeably beefier and seems constructed better.
    -Duffel bag in olive green. I wasn't expecting much from this for the ~40 I paid, just needed something for the trip and didnt want to spend. Well beyond my expectations, canvas seems substantial, hardware feels solid, looks great. I will probably throw a little Otter Wax on the canvas to waterproof it a bit. Much nicer than expected.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TKNumber3 View Post
    Ordered a navy mac jacket from both Gap and BR. Gap was 30% off, and BR 35% off stacked on top of a sale price. Be nice to see how they look and fit in person, hopefully one of them will work for me since I need a nice lightweight jacket to wear over my suits.
    Love my GAP mac jacket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    Love my GAP mac jacket.
    Seconded. One of the better recent purchases I've made. Fits like a glove, armholes are high and tight and not the least bit restrictive, the mid-thigh cut is flattering. Perfect warm-to-cool-weather rain jacket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Took another step down the slippery slope of MTM clothing and ordered a test fit pair of chinos from Luxire. The test fit pairs use chino fabrics to keep costs down ($59.99), but I specified more dress trouser styling to try a few things out, including a higher rise than what's available OTR in slim styles. We'll see how I did on my measurements hopefully by the beginning of next month!

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Recently added these to the closet:

6 Brooks Brothers ocbds in traditional fit, in yellow, blue uni stripe, pink, white, blue (2).
    2 Lands' End dress twills, navy and khaki.
    1 LL Bean cotton-cashmere cardigan in navy.

And on its way via a thrifter, a lovely old Brooks Shetland tweed three-two roll sack jacket in charcoal grey.

Basically, stocking up on some basics.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    After getting hit with sticker shock during Brooks Brothers' MTM trunk show, I went through my favorite local menswear store Haymakers & Co. to order a MTM suit for my wedding this fall. Using the same factory (Southwick) and the same fabric (Barberis S120s wool), I saved over $800.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    So...these happened. Alden for Epaulet Innsbruck Indys with commando sole. Picked them up BNIB off of Styleforum. Super comfortable, to be honest.