Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 6236

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Those are gorgeous! Do they fit TTS?

I'll be investing in my first Aldens this year after this post-holiday spending freeze is over. Two pairs of shell #8s coming this fall (boots + oxfords).
    The Trubalance and Barrie lasts fit .5 size large for most people. I have to get an 8.5 in them instead of my standard 9. Alden does price increases every year. Shell boots are going to be in the $775-$800 range by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Awesome! I've been looking for a nicer chukka. Right now I just have CDB's, which are great, but don't dress up too well. I don't like most of the 'dress' boots that get posed (maybe because I just haven't tried them in person). These look like they are what I am wanting. Nice pickup.
    These are much nicer than CDB's but I still wouldn't call them dressy. If you got them in brown calf or shell you could try to dress them up but the natty CXL definitely leans casual. These don't have the crepe sole like the CDBs, although Alden does make a crepe sole (just have to keep a lookout for a make you like). I figure once the waterlock soles on these wear down I'll send them to BNelson to have a dainite sole put on them.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    @Vicious49 that kudu looks really different from what I've previously seen but it's not bad.
    @people buying shell for the first time in 2015: Unless you're going for a rare makeup (a plaza NST boot for example) you should be able to find #8 boots for a bit less than retail - especially allen edmonds' models. The AE Strands in brown shell are gorgeous. And if you're going to go full retail on a pair of shell, I recommend the C&J Marlow for RL, the C&J Lindrick for RL, or one of Alden's rare shell makeups, Cigar or Ravello would be excellent. You're going ot have to wait 6mo-2yrs to get one of those though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    @Vicious49 that kudu looks really different from what I've previously seen but it's not bad.
    @people buying shell for the first time in 2015: Unless you're going for a rare makeup (a plaza NST boot for example) you should be able to find #8 boots for a bit less than retail - especially allen edmonds' models. The AE Strands in brown shell are gorgeous. And if you're going to go full retail on a pair of shell, I recommend the C&J Marlow for RL, the C&J Lindrick for RL, or one of Alden's rare shell makeups, Cigar or Ravello would be excellent. You're going ot have to wait 6mo-2yrs to get one of those though.
    What's the best way to get a non-black/# 8 shell shoe or boot? Say I'm looking for an Alden cigar PTB...should I try and put an order in with Shoemart or someone? There's probably an Alden retailer here in Charlotte, but I'm not familiar with them, if so.

I can wait, but would like to limit the wait as much as possible.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    The Trubalance and Barrie lasts fit .5 size large for most people. I have to get an 8.5 in them instead of my standard 9. Alden does price increases every year. Shell boots are going to be in the $775-$800 range by then.

These are much nicer than CDB's but I still wouldn't call them dressy. If you got them in brown calf or shell you could try to dress them up but the natty CXL definitely leans casual. These don't have the crepe sole like the CDBs, although Alden does make a crepe sole (just have to keep a lookout for a make you like). I figure once the waterlock soles on these wear down I'll send them to BNelson to have a dainite sole put on them.
    What point in the year do they raise prices?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent k View Post
    What point in the year do they raise prices?
    February usually.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post

do you mean this Alden cigar markup?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNIB-ALDEN-x...item1e97d58467

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    do you mean this Alden cigar markup?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNIB-ALDEN-x...item1e97d58467
    That's Ravello but those were released recently. That guy is an idiot if he thinks anyone is going to pay over $2500 above retail for them. You just have to get to know the retailers and get on their waitlists.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    That's Ravello but those were released recently. That guy is an idiot if he thinks anyone is going to pay over $2500 above retail for them. You just have to get to know the retailers and get on their waitlists.
    What was the msrp on those boots? Thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    in the 750 range.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Wow that's a HUGE mark up. Unbelievable.