Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6338

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Today's haul, which is the first time I've bought something in quite some time:

- pair of beeswax Clarks DBs from Urban Outfitters per the main site (too good of a price not to get a backup pair) ($74)
    - 2 pair of no-patterned-pocket Bonobos chinos (for casual days at work) ($60/each, down from $88)
    - JCrew sweatpants (refuse to say joggers... but they're really comfortable) ($50, down from $75)
    - Massiv tshirt (my friend's company, kind of streetwear brand in LA wearemassiv.com ) ($26 shipped)
    - protein powder (running low... totally non-cyber monday related)
    I, too, purchased the $74 DBs. I wish I'd gotten more out of that sale, but I didn't have time to put together a $50 package of stuff I need.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I've got the Schott 654 cafe racer jacket in brown incoming in a couple different sizes. Assuming one of the sizes works, it will probably end up getting repackaged as a Christmas gift to me from my family.
    This is very "you" judging by the pics you post. Hope it works out!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)
    I picked up this Barbour jacket from Club Monaco. I love the way the fabric looks in the close up pics but not in the further away full body pics. I'll have to see how it looks in person before making a decision on it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I've got the Schott 654 cafe racer jacket in brown incoming in a couple different sizes. Assuming one of the sizes works, it will probably end up getting repackaged as a Christmas gift to me from my family.

I'm so jealous. Was it on sale?

My personal BF/CM haul netted me:

* Jack Spade Mason Leather Slim Brief in tobacco (my first 'grown up' laptop bag / briefcase) for $170 from their surplus sale:

* Bonobos Tailored Slim Dark Rinse Blue Jeans

JCrew:
    * Harley of Scotland 'shetland' (maybe?) argyle wool sweater (it was finally on sale... sigh): http://i.imgur.com/zkBl7Vu.png
    * Another Slim Lambswool v-neck Sweater from JC (in charcoal / "carbon" in jcrewese)
    * Slim lambswool zip-up sweater in "mink" from JC:
    * 3 slim fit vintage oxford shirts from JC in different lumbersexual patterns
    * A black slim merino v-neck for work (never gotten a straight black sweater before)
    * Light Grey cords in 484 fit from JC ($35 seemed like a good deal)

For the girlfriend:

* Turquoise Cuff - http://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/product/473101
    * Some emerald earrings from Catbird NYC (15% off), $125
    * Some glittens from Madewell (25% off), $25

Will probably return half the jcrew stuff now that I look at it. Probably don't need that many sweaters.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
    I'm so jealous. Was it on sale?
    I found it on sale for $500 (normally $615) at a random motorcycle gear shop and got Nordstrom to price-match. That's about as much of a sale as I've ever seen on these. (Not that I've paid a great deal of attention.)
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    I picked up some straight fit chinos and travelers jeans from Bonobos with their 30% off yesterday. $60 a pair. I'm excited to see how they fit, the measurements the ninja gave me were what I am looking for (I hope)!

Also picked up a couple pairs of chipps which wee also 30% off:

http://www.amazon.com/Chippewa-1901M.../dp/B00J04NP8G
    http://www.amazon.com/Chippewa-Mens-.../dp/B00E82B6G8

Not sure if I'll keep both, just 1or neither. I'd wear both but don't know if I need both. Not sure how much use I'd get with the cardovan. Never had a shoe that color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JCrew Sample Sale NYC

Just stopped by the JCrew Sample Sale in NYC on 29th / 5th ave. and there were some great deals especially if you are a size S/M or 40R which I unfortunately am not. I still was able to pick up both the Ludlow Top Coat in Wool-Cashmere for $150 down from $398 (original price) and the Dacota Down Jacket in navy for $60 down from $248 (OP)

some other things that I did not get but saw there. Suit Jackets were $150, Cashmere sweaters $90, pants $25, Shoes $100 - Typical sample sale environment, so be ready to wait in line, try things on quickly off the rack and fight around people. Overall worth checking out if you are in the area.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Did a little shopping and picked up a few things over the holiday week and weekend.

Khaki Cords from Gap
    A couple of button down plaid shirts from the thrift store and one from JCF.
    A couple of ties from the tie bar http://www.thetiebar.com/product/22749 & http://www.thetiebar.com/product/22109.
    Quilted jacket from JCF https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-cloth...olor_name=navy
    And something that I am really looking forward to, a pair of LL bean blucher mocs. I live in Florida and I can't really wear boots too often because of the mild winters so I needed something similar to boat shoes but that wouldn't look ridiculous with socks: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11575...ns-blucher-moc

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Lands End came in.

1. If I had to do it all over again, I would have skipped the elston and comer slim chinos I got throughout the year and just went with the lighthouse straight fit. I got a pair of navy last week when it got down to $14 and they are great! The material is thick yet soft. The navy/blue is 10x better than the blues on the elston or comer. Not too bright or light. Just the right navy blue for pairing with OCBDs in the office. The thighs are slim with a straight leg opening maybe only 1 inch bigger than the elstons which are just a little too small. They are currently on sale for $25 which is still a bargain. And LE hem's these for free! I could have saved a lot of money since I had to shorten the elstons.

2. Are these how all moleskin is suppose to be? Got the elston moleskin slim pants last week for $25. They look more like fleece pajamas. The pictures on the site looked a lot smoother which was what I was hoping for. I'll just go for flannel wool pants instead if I wanted some texture.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Failed purchase here: G.H. Bass Cedar Shoe care kit Total: $23.06 with discounts.

This thing is TINY. (I added a pen in the picture for a size comparison). The cedar wood is nice, but inside is a mini-size shoe brush, and hardly anything else will fit in it, other that what came with it. And the lid of the black polish tin was off when I opened the box. This is more like a travel kit, but why would I take a wood box on a trip?

The shoe horn is fairly nice, and at least I can salvage the polishing cloth, and maybe use the neutral cream since I don't have that color yet. I've never used those foam type applicators before. Probably it was a waste to buy this.