Page 401 of 627 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6268

Thread: Recent Purchases

  1. #4001
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    @Shomas, would you mind posting a picture of the shirt? I've been curious about Ratio shirts for a while. I like the sound of the "special" options you requested too (unlined collar with longer points to button down, lowered second button, etc.)

    Thanks!

  2. #4002
    Super Moderator hornsup84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Long time no post, as I've been avoiding y'all so that I kept my spending down. I did however buy a bit of a splurge item for my 30th that's coming up later this month... a pair of Oak Street cap-toe trench boots in natural chromexel ( http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...oe-trench-boot ). I was intending to post some pictures of today's first wear, but unfortunately the Tapatalk app is being an asshole (keeps saying I need to change my email... even after I changed my email), so no-can-do.

    I will say that these boots so far are fantastic. The quality of the construction is readily apparent. They fit my feet well (admittedly it's a little wider than normal shoe, but that's what I need, and I sized down to a 11.5 even though I'm usually a 12... still some room if I want to wear heavier socks, which was my intent) and they're pretty comfortable right out of the box. That being said, I can't wait for these to get broken in a little. The natural chromexel on my pair is a little lighter than the finish that appears in their stock photos, but not by much. It should darken with some wear and develop my own personal patina. Excited to have these in my otherwise pretty basic shoe collection. I bet they'll get a lot of wear in the casual and dressy casual arena where my Clarks DBs usually got all the play.

  3. #4003
    Super Moderator Shomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,177
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Long time no post, as I've been avoiding y'all so that I kept my spending down. I did however buy a bit of a splurge item for my 30th that's coming up later this month... a pair of Oak Street cap-toe trench boots in natural chromexel ( http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...oe-trench-boot ). I was intending to post some pictures of today's first wear, but unfortunately the Tapatalk app is being an asshole (keeps saying I need to change my email... even after I changed my email), so no-can-do.

    I will say that these boots so far are fantastic. The quality of the construction is readily apparent. They fit my feet well (admittedly it's a little wider than normal shoe, but that's what I need, and I sized down to a 11.5 even though I'm usually a 12... still some room if I want to wear heavier socks, which was my intent) and they're pretty comfortable right out of the box. That being said, I can't wait for these to get broken in a little. The natural chromexel on my pair is a little lighter than the finish that appears in their stock photos, but not by much. It should darken with some wear and develop my own personal patina. Excited to have these in my otherwise pretty basic shoe collection. I bet they'll get a lot of wear in the casual and dressy casual arena where my Clarks DBs usually got all the play.
    Those definitely look cool. Congrats.

  4. #4004
    Super Moderator Shomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,177
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrown View Post
    @Shomas, would you mind posting a picture of the shirt? I've been curious about Ratio shirts for a while. I like the sound of the "special" options you requested too (unlined collar with longer points to button down, lowered second button, etc.)

    Thanks!
    Here's a couple of quick and dirty shots to show the fit, fabric, collar, and button stance. I included that side shot so you can see how well the shirt fits through the midsection and how well it stays tucked, despite being shorter fit.




  5. #4005
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Thanks @Shomas! The shirt looks great, and the fit looks spot on too. It's good to know you can request a shorter size in case you want to wear it untucked, but that it still stays tucked in. I'm consider my picking one up over Christmas. I've wanted to try online MTM for a while.

  6. #4006
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Long time no post, as I've been avoiding y'all so that I kept my spending down. I did however buy a bit of a splurge item for my 30th that's coming up later this month... a pair of Oak Street cap-toe trench boots in natural chromexel ( http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...oe-trench-boot ).
    .
    Those look superb. Been thinking about plunking down some $$$ on natl cxl split toes from Alden. Post pics when you can.

  7. #4007
    Super Moderator Shomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,177
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewlcraft View Post
    If they fit you, I think you'll really like them. I wore mine to work and after a day, I can appreciate the fabric more.

    The fit does seem roomier in the thigh for me, but I'll damned If I can't see a difference in the lower leg and cuff opening. Laying directly on top of my slim Weekday Warriors the cuff is virtually identical, and there is supposed to be an inch difference between the two fits. Honestly, I like how this particular pair fits better than the slim W/W's. I'm learning that I like a higher rise these days....
    I go these a couple of days ago and I'm wearing them today. You're right - the construction is solid and the material is super nice. The fit is just about perfect, as it turns out. The thigh isn't to tight, but not baggy at all, and below the knee, it tapers just enough to look sharp and not too casual. I'm really glad I picked these up.

  8. #4008
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    350
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    I go these a couple of days ago and I'm wearing them today. You're right - the construction is solid and the material is super nice. The fit is just about perfect, as it turns out. The thigh isn't to tight, but not baggy at all, and below the knee, it tapers just enough to look sharp and not too casual. I'm really glad I picked these up.
    Awesome! I happen to be wearing mine again today as well!

  9. #4009
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)

  10. #4010
    Dappered Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    3,041
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy127 View Post
    From AoC right? This batch of Ravello is particularly beautiful. Big fan of both Ravello and Cigar shells, will someday pickup shoes in both (at least LWBs). Don't like Whiskey shell as much but I can't hate on it either. Great collection of shoes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •