Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 6265

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post
    I bought the new AE Bleecker Street boots today at their sale: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...000001_-1_8498. I have been looking for pretty basic black boots that can go from work to jeans and casual.
    Can you post a review when you get them? I'm very interested, but will probably do seconds when I get around to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Moss Green Shawl Neck Fisherman sweater! Bought last Saturday in Killareny ireland. Was on sale!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Got my Bonobos Milanese cords today from the Hautelook sale.

They were the straight leg version and to my surprise they fit nearly identical to the slim straight Weekday Wariors I have, with maybe a slightly higher rise.

Construction quality seems excellent, which has been my personal experience with Bonobos. These cords are cut like a trouser, not jeans, and the pockets all have bar tacks in the right places, belts loops are tucked, nice buttons, etc. and they come pressed with a crease.

Material is softer than my JCF cords with a finer wale. Would I be able to tell these are $145 cords? Hell no. You would be able to pick out the nicer material easily side by side, but damn, $145 regular price? These are a cool pair of $60 trousers. I like that they've got the dress pants details with the cord material, but could never justify full price for corduroy.

But for the $60 I paid, I'll wear the heck out of 'em this fall & winter, and if they ever get that low again, I would seriously consider another pair for some variety.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Received my brown shell AE Patriot loafers from the 2nds sale today. Can't find anything wrong with them. Right shoe MAY be slightly lighter, but not really noticeable, and seems more like natural leather variation to me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Can you post a review when you get them? I'm very interested, but will probably do seconds when I get around to it.
    Hey I've worn the Bleecker Streets twice so far and they are pretty great. They are breaking in well and I'm thinking about taking them on a trip to Italy where they'd get lots of wear. I like that they are lower, I think that makes them a bit less warm for wear in the office.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewlcraft View Post
    Got my Bonobos Milanese cords today from the Hautelook sale.

They were the straight leg version and to my surprise they fit nearly identical to the slim straight Weekday Wariors I have, with maybe a slightly higher rise.

Construction quality seems excellent, which has been my personal experience with Bonobos. These cords are cut like a trouser, not jeans, and the pockets all have bar tacks in the right places, belts loops are tucked, nice buttons, etc. and they come pressed with a crease.

Material is softer than my JCF cords with a finer wale. Would I be able to tell these are $145 cords? Hell no. You would be able to pick out the nicer material easily side by side, but damn, $145 regular price? These are a cool pair of $60 trousers. I like that they've got the dress pants details with the cord material, but could never justify full price for corduroy.

But for the $60 I paid, I'll wear the heck out of 'em this fall & winter, and if they ever get that low again, I would seriously consider another pair for some variety.
    Good to know. I've got a couple of pairs I the way. I just hope they aren't too slim for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Ordered three sweaters from BR and they came today. This one is horrible on me (http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=130196002) and going right back. All of the flecks in the fabric plus the shawl collar plus the front pockets are a whole lot of look on me. Have to return it tomorrow. As a tall guy, I don't have too many reliable sweater options.

Also got one similar to this (http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=969892002). I thought it would be the one I wouldn't like, but it's the only one of the three sweaters I'm keeping.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post
    Hey I've worn the Bleecker Streets twice so far and they are pretty great. They are breaking in well and I'm thinking about taking them on a trip to Italy where they'd get lots of wear. I like that they are lower, I think that makes them a bit less warm for wear in the office.
    What color did you get? I'm thinking of getting them in chili, I don't have anything in that shade right now.
    Last edited by Chadanth; October 16th, 2014 at 12:18 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    Good to know. I've got a couple of pairs I the way. I just hope they aren't too slim for me.
    If they fit you, I think you'll really like them. I wore mine to work and after a day, I can appreciate the fabric more.

The fit does seem roomier in the thigh for me, but I'll damned If I can't see a difference in the lower leg and cuff opening. Laying directly on top of my slim Weekday Warriors the cuff is virtually identical, and there is supposed to be an inch difference between the two fits. Honestly, I like how this particular pair fits better than the slim W/W's. I'm learning that I like a higher rise these days....

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewlcraft View Post
    If they fit you, I think you'll really like them. I wore mine to work and after a day, I can appreciate the fabric more.

The fit does seem roomier in the thigh for me, but I'll damned If I can't see a difference in the lower leg and cuff opening. Laying directly on top of my slim Weekday Warriors the cuff is virtually identical, and there is supposed to be an inch difference between the two fits. Honestly, I like how this particular pair fits better than the slim W/W's. I'm learning that I like a higher rise these days....
    This sounds perfect. In the slim fits, it's the thighs that are the deal-breaker. The cuff openings are fine.

In other news, I recently picked up (and am currently wearing) a Ratio chambray "utility" shirt. It's awesome. I've ordered a few shirts from Ratio, so I have my fit pretty well nailed down. In this one, I asked them to lower the 2nd button a bit (thanks for the suggestion, Joe!) and had them make the collar an unlined, long roll, button-down. This collar (which is not listed as one of their standard options, but is apparently always available) is great for a casual shirt. It's basically the same as the collar on my Kamakura OCBD, which I love. I also had them make it in the short fit so I can wear it untucked if I want. That said, I'm wearing it tucked into a pair of Bonobos Travel Jeans today (jeans Friday in the office) and it's fine that way. Aside from the fit, the collar, and the nice (as always) buttons, the material on this shirt is really nice. It's very soft but substantial, has a nice color, will probably work perfectly for three-and-a-half seasons. Overall, I'm thrilled with how it came out.