Page 392 of 627 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 6265

Thread: Recent Purchases

  1. #3911
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    got these on eBay the other day, I'm like 80% sure they're real cordovan

  2. #3912
    Varsity Member movoblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshackleford View Post
    got these on eBay the other day, I'm like 80% sure they're real cordovan
    I do see rolls so it is quite possible that it is cordovan. But at the lowest point of the rolls, I see creases that look like ones that come from calfskin. Can you zoom into the rolls/creases?

  3. #3913
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
    I do see rolls so it is quite possible that it is cordovan. But at the lowest point of the rolls, I see creases that look like ones that come from calfskin. Can you zoom into the rolls/creases?

  4. #3914
    Varsity Member movoblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshackleford View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm 80% sure those are calf. They still look nice though! How much did you pay for those?

  5. #3915
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm 80% sure those are calf. They still look nice though! How much did you pay for those?
    Aww, well still great shoes! I paid 12.50 I think?

  6. #3916
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    471
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshackleford View Post
    With those rolls and creases, I'm sad to say they might be corrected grain. I'm far from an expert though, just basing this inference on similar pictures I've seen online.

    But whatever their material, they have a good shape, and you paid just $12.50 for them, so no harm done. They're a nice piece to add to your wardrobe.

  7. #3917
    Varsity Member M. Montaigne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Love 'em, @Jshackleford.

  8. #3918
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueflame View Post
    With those rolls and creases, I'm sad to say they might be corrected grain. I'm far from an expert though, just basing this inference on similar pictures I've seen online.

    But whatever their material, they have a good shape, and you paid just $12.50 for them, so no harm done. They're a nice piece to add to your wardrobe.
    They're definitely a good shoe to have and they got tons of compliments on first wear, so no harm done for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Love 'em, @Jshackleford.
    Thanks!

  9. #3919
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,499
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Just purchased the Orient Bambino.

    http://aws-cdn.dappered.com/wp-conte..._bluehands.jpg

    And got this one for the free one using the coupon.

    http://orientwatchusa.com/em5m010w

    Probably going to give the free one to my dad or brother.

  10. #3920
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueflame View Post
    With those rolls and creases, I'm sad to say they might be corrected grain. I'm far from an expert though, just basing this inference on similar pictures I've seen online.

    But whatever their material, they have a good shape, and you paid just $12.50 for them, so no harm done. They're a nice piece to add to your wardrobe.
    good eye, agreed that it is "polished cobbler" which is AE's corrected grain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •