Page 302 of 635 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 6344

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I bet magic erasers will keep white soles looking white.
    Do you use that with crepe soles?

Note to self. Alcohol + eBay = money missing from my checking account = I love my wardrobe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I bet magic erasers will keep white soles looking white.
    Didn't do it on my wolverines... Toothpaste sure did though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Didn't do it on my wolverines... Toothpaste sure did though.
    That's really interesting. How strong of stains did it get out? I see a lot of those boots that I really like, but I spend a good amount of my day in truck yards so I just know I'll get grease and oil all over them. I'm thinking I will need to go for something more like the Iron Rangers and just avoid the white sole ) =

Nice pickups, Brent. It's reminding me how I want more boots ) =

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
    That's really interesting. How strong of stains did it get out? I see a lot of those boots that I really like, but I spend a good amount of my day in truck yards so I just know I'll get grease and oil all over them. I'm thinking I will need to go for something more like the Iron Rangers and just avoid the white sole ) =

Nice pickups, Brent. It's reminding me how I want more boots ) =
    I hadn't cleaned them (the soles that is) since I bought them in Octoberish, and they have seen a lot of wear. The toothpaste was pretty effective probably both from the abrasion and also the baking soda. It hadn't really bothered me that much though... They are work boots after all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent k View Post
    Awesome I was worried about them looking like a crepe sole after a week.

Can't wait to get them in. Should start a Red Wing appreciation thread.
    Great idea. Although it will also get me lusting after more Red Wings.

Regarding cleaning that sole, my opinion is that one shouldn't get too obsessed over it. This is a work boot, basically, and it is meant to look rugged, and it looks better a little roughed up and dirty. I doubt that people who used to wear this boot to ride motorcycles worried about getting a magic marker cleaner to keep it new looking.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Picked up the J. Crew MacAlister Brickman boots and an English Silk tie in purple for about $84 total from the B&M.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...0410/10410.jsp
    https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...3232/A3232.jsp

These 2 seem to be the online listings. The Tie was marked down to 19.99$ and Brickmans to 119.99$ before the 40% off sale prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    sandersons came in the mail yesterday from the shoebank. was the last 9.0d so pulled the trigger at 130.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Not fashion related, but I just switched from Verizon to a family plan with tmobile. Traded in my Galaxy S3 for a Nexus 5, and even with that I (together with my parents) will be saving $100 a month overall. So if any of you guys are with other carriers and have people to put on a family plan, I strongly suggest it. Frees up a lot of money for purchasing new shoes and other clothes related items!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Great idea. Although it will also get me lusting after more Red Wings.

Regarding cleaning that sole, my opinion is that one shouldn't get too obsessed over it. This is a work boot, basically, and it is meant to look rugged, and it looks better a little roughed up and dirty. I doubt that people who used to wear this boot to ride motorcycles worried about getting a magic marker cleaner to keep it new looking.
    877's lightly used on eBay for $150....screw you Duvel making me think they would be a great boot for riding the Harley this spring...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueflame View Post
    Not fashion related, but I just switched from Verizon to a family plan with tmobile. Traded in my Galaxy S3 for a Nexus 5, and even with that I (together with my parents) will be saving $100 a month overall. So if any of you guys are with other carriers and have people to put on a family plan, I strongly suggest it. Frees up a lot of money for purchasing new shoes and other clothes related items!
    I'm also saving money, but with my refinanced mortgage. Saved enough to buy several thousand pairs of shoes. Might take several hundred pairs and build an outdoor shoegarden.