Page 236 of 635 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Took a gamble on mislabeled ebay shoes with grainy pics. I was right and wrong! They were Allen Edmonds but not strands as I thought. They are called Rutland's. Looks to be the predecessor to the strands? The broguing looks to be the same. Any ways I'm very happy. Shoes are in great condition. Will post pics later.

...oh they are on the 4 lasts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    Took a gamble on mislabeled ebay shoes with grainy pics. I was right and wrong! They were Allen Edmonds but not strands as I thought. They are called Rutland's. Looks to be the predecessor to the strands? The broguing looks to be the same. Any ways I'm very happy. Shoes are in great condition. Will post pics later.

...oh they are on the 4 lasts.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    Good call by BenR on the watch. I could tell that something was a bit off but couldn't place what it was. I don't mind the roman numerals but that excess dead space is annoying so I ended up skipping it.

I did get this cable knit sweater today from STP for about $60.
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/per...colorFamily=25

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Good call by BenR on the watch. I could tell that something was a bit off but couldn't place what it was. I don't mind the roman numerals but that excess dead space is annoying so I ended up skipping it.
    I would like to preserve this moment for posterity, as the time I convinced someone NOT to buy a watch.
    Ben

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I would like to preserve this moment for posterity, as the time I convinced someone NOT to buy a watch.
    Don't get too proud yet. Since I didn't get that Orient and I have a 1 watch hole in my collection (ended up passing that Citizen Ecodrive along to a friend that had been looking for a watch) I couldn't decide between these 2 Tissots. I ordered both and figure I'll keep the one that fits me better. I think I'm leaning towards the white dial one at the moment since my other 3 watch all have a black or blue dial.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    Oh dear.

For what it's worth, I tried on a few different versions of the PRC200 in person recently and I was disappointed by how cheap they looked and felt. Especially given the rave reviews the model gets on watch fora. Sapphire crystal notwithstanding, I felt it was more in the league of $100 Seiko chronographs, and not worth the $300+ it retails for.

Out of the Tissot stuff I looked at, the standouts were the Visodate and Seastar. I have to say, the Seastar is way more beautiful in-person than in stock photos, except for the cheap-feeling bracelet. It's probably a much better value on the stock rubber strap.

Ben

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    Sounds like it will be the PRC200 that I end up sending back. The other one I got on the way is called 'Tissot T Classic Tradition Chronograph Silver Dial'. I'm trying to find a nice chrono since I don't currently have one in my lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    The other one I got on the way is called 'Tissot T Classic Tradition Chronograph Silver Dial'. I'm trying to find a nice chrono since I don't currently have one in my lineup.
    I picked up the same Tissot Tradition about a month ago after debating between a few options. The watch itself is great. The dial is clean and the minimal numerals and razor-like hands fit what I was looking for; wasn't a huge fan of the stock strap with the contrast stitching right out of the box, but that's a simple fix. I found that it does wear a bit larger than I expected, though this isn't a problem for me personally. All in all I've gotten quite a bit of wear out of it in the last month, even with more casual outfits.

Also, re: PRC200. I know the PRC200 has a cult following among watchuseek members (and others), but it just doesn't do it for me. That Seastar looks interesting though - especially the sky-blue contrast second hand/tick marks.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
    I picked up the same Tissot Tradition about a month ago after debating between a few options. The watch itself is great. The dial is clean and the minimal numerals and razor-like hands fit what I was looking for; wasn't a huge fan of the stock strap with the contrast stitching right out of the box, but that's a simple fix. I found that it does wear a bit larger than I expected, though this isn't a problem for me personally. All in all I've gotten quite a bit of wear out of it in the last month, even with more casual outfits.

Also, re: PRC200. I know the PRC200 has a cult following among watchuseek members (and others), but it just doesn't do it for me. That Seastar looks interesting though - especially the sky-blue contrast second hand/tick marks.
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize someone else on here owned that watch as well. I fully expect to replace the strap on pretty much any sub-$1K watch so that't not a big deal to me. Do you remember what width strap it takes? Is the chrono on it pretty simple to use? I'm assuming it is since it doesn't have any other functions. The one on the EcoDrive was such a pain that I had no inclination to use that feature on it. You had to pull the crown out, go to the chronograph setting, then wait for the hands to realign, etc. By the time all that was done, anything I wanted to time probably would have been over and done with.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    Most regular chronographs just have a start/stop pusher (top) and a reset pusher (bottom). I don't see any reason the Tissot wouldn't work the same way. As simple to use as any digital stopwatch. I'm kind of surprised the one on the Citizen would be so complex to use.

http://youtu.be/B1eApKaW5gc?t=39s
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; November 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Ben