Page 203 of 626 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6253

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Purchased some clearance jcp and Jcrew factory long sleeve shirts. Totally spent, $22!

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/x...925_180701.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Just made a big boy purchase at full retail on some Wolverine 1000 miles in brown (the standard style, not the wingtip) after weeks of internal debate between them and the JCrew x Chippewa pair that looks really similar and come in like a hundred bucks cheaper. Also debated between brown and rust (which I guess is more of a red-brown?).

But, ya know, after eyeballing the Wolvs for a year I finally just wanted them too much. Too much to look for sales and the like when Nordstrom's got them... right there. And to quote my best friend Aziz Ansari, sometimes you just need to treat yourself.

(I'm sure someone will PM me a deal for them for like $200 right after I post this...)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
    Just made a big boy purchase at full retail on some Wolverine 1000 miles in brown (the standard style, not the wingtip) after weeks of internal debate between them and the JCrew x Chippewa pair that looks really similar and come in like a hundred bucks cheaper. Also debated between brown and rust (which I guess is more of a red-brown?).

But, ya know, after eyeballing the Wolvs for a year I finally just wanted them too much. Too much to look for sales and the like when Nordstrom's got them... right there. And to quote my best friend Aziz Ansari, sometimes you just need to treat yourself.

(I'm sure someone will PM me a deal for them for like $200 right after I post this...)
    I know the feeling, playing the waiting/sale/coupon game can be tiresome when you just want what you want now!

Excellent choice, you're going to love them. Managed to get a new pair of the 1000 Mile Courtlands at an amazing discount and cannot wait for some lower temps to hit so I can break them out, it's like they're whispering to me from my closet, "Put me on, Put me on!" Though I'm still secretly stalking a pair of Alden Indy's, and I know that if I ever decide to purchase I'll more than likely have to pay full price. Some day...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I've been waiting for a sale to get the Brooks Brothers Red Wing Iron Ranger Boot. It is frustrating.

Here's a PSA for all readers though - supposedly Revolve Clothing offers a 30% discount for first-time purchasers on their website. Its not an advertised code, but works on everything, including shoes/boots (and yes, sorry DerekH, that includes 1000 Mile and Red Wing). I haven't tried it, but if you check over on styleforum, there's lots of discussion about it (especially related to buying 1000 Mile and Red Wing boots). In order to get the discount you have to contact Customer Service after making the purchase, and let them know you want to 30% off first-time discount.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    The 30% discount does exclude some brands and Wolverine is one of those that you cannot get a discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I've been waiting for a sale to get the Brooks Brothers Red Wing Iron Ranger Boot. It is frustrating.

Here's a PSA for all readers though - supposedly Revolve Clothing offers a 30% discount for first-time purchasers on their website. Its not an advertised code, but works on everything, including shoes/boots (and yes, sorry DerekH, that includes 1000 Mile and Red Wing). I haven't tried it, but if you check over on styleforum, there's lots of discussion about it (especially related to buying 1000 Mile and Red Wing boots). In order to get the discount you have to contact Customer Service after making the purchase, and let them know you want to 30% off first-time discount.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

I did see a lot of chatter about that from posts back in the 2012-era, so I did sign up for Revolve. I didn't get a 30% email or anything, though, so I figured that promotion was discontinued. Has anyone successfully done this recently?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    It is not a automatic discount and you dont get a email. You just have to ask for it. However like I mentioned in my earlier post, it excludes some brands. Wolverine is excluded.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
    I did see a lot of chatter about that from posts back in the 2012-era, so I did sign up for Revolve. I didn't get a 30% email or anything, though, so I figured that promotion was discontinued. Has anyone successfully done this recently?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mowgli222 View Post
    The 30% discount does exclude some brands and Wolverine is one of those that you cannot get a discount.
    I stand corrected, thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    After hemming and hawing over Barbour and Filson's waxed coats, I had to remind myself that heavy waxed cotton is really kind of a useless material for winter wear here where I live. Waxed cotton is good for relatively mild, damp climates. The winter weather here, as I mentioned in another thread, is far from mild and damp - it is below freezing and frequently below zero with dry snow. So I started looking more closely at Filson's wool coats and stumbled across this on eBay. Ended up winning it as the only bidder. US-made and based on the classic cruiser jacket, but from Filson's more contemporary "Black Label" line, marketed almost exclusively in Europe.

I really like the color-blocking, the hood, and the red plaid lining... I just hope it's not too youthful / urban / fashion-forward in person. Minus the hood, it is actually very similar in design to a BR wool-blend coat that has held me in good stead for the past two winters.

Before finding this, I had my eye on a similar jacket from the Filson website. The color-blocking is more subtle and the overall design is more rustic and less urban. But it costs more than twice what I paid on eBay, lacks the detachable hood, and has only button closures instead of a zipper + buttons....

Ben

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    ^ if you don't mind me asking, what price did you grab the Filson for? I've been looking at upgrading my BR winter coat for something nicer, but just can't stomach $400 for a coat right now. I really want a Filson though.

Today I snagged a pair of the Sketchers x Mark Nason blue suede wing tips (Cole Haan Lunargrand knockoffs) from Off Broadway, of all places. They were the last pair, on clearance, and in my size. Sweet baby Jesus they are lightweight...