Page 202 of 626 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 6253

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up the last pair of Stafford Camlins at my jcp, priced at $50 minus a $10 coupon I had. Love the boot - this was the display pair and they happened to fit nicely. And yes, the Kents look like shiny plastic crap by comparison. Sad!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Just snagged a pair of AE Fifth Ave's on Amazon in brown for $191 (incl shipping/tax) w/ the 20% amazon sign up code.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up the Brooks Gatsby and Brown Strand in the 2/250. Such a good deal on the strands even though they fit a bit snug and if I post pics, people will no doubt say they look too narrow because of the larger V (approx 1.25-1.5 inch gap) but hey for 125, I think I can deal with it. I'm hoping it will close more as I wear them and the leather stretches and the footbed gives in.

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Bought these suede dub monks from Zara over the weekend. Good bang for the buck.

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    AE Chesters came in today. For $25 these are not bad at all; bit of a scuff on the right toe, but I can't complain. Going to give them a polish tonight.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Some things arrived from Banana Republic today, some of it good, some of it not so much. On the positive side, I got a pair of Aiden chinos and love the fit, and a medium tailored slim-fit shirt, which also fits me quite well. The two of them set me back $50, so I'm quite pleased.

On the less positive side, I got one of their modern v-neck sweaters, just to test it out, and it's just garbage. It looked ratty from the moment I opened the package, and felt synthetic and unpleasant. Which is no surprise, since it largely is. I also got this Charcoal Modern Slim-fit blazer, in medium, and now unavailable. It isn't actually charcoal, it has more of a brownish tint, and the cotton is thick, giving it a very seasonal look. However, it has elbow patches, which I realized only after ordering it, and rather thick shoulder padding. On top of that, size medium is actually size 40R, and it proved too large for me.

I also got a silk-cotton-cashmere v-neck sweater, but the medium is too large for me. I do like the quality of it though, so I might simply exchange that. And on the whole, I'd say this is not too shabby. Thank god for free returns!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Unfortunate to hear about the blazer since I have one in the mail that I got stupid cheap. Also ordered a medium and 40 will be too big. Oh well, guess it'll go back when it arrives.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I got the Charcoal modern slim fit in medium too and it is like you said more like a 40R. Too big on me. At the price I would have kept it if I could have exchanged it for a small. Unfortunately it is out of stock online and in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueflame View Post
    Some things arrived from Banana Republic today, some of it good, some of it not so much. On the positive side, I got a pair of Aiden chinos and love the fit, and a medium tailored slim-fit shirt, which also fits me quite well. The two of them set me back $50, so I'm quite pleased.

On the less positive side, I got one of their modern v-neck sweaters, just to test it out, and it's just garbage. It looked ratty from the moment I opened the package, and felt synthetic and unpleasant. Which is no surprise, since it largely is. I also got this Charcoal Modern Slim-fit blazer, in medium, and now unavailable. It isn't actually charcoal, it has more of a brownish tint, and the cotton is thick, giving it a very seasonal look. However, it has elbow patches, which I realized only after ordering it, and rather thick shoulder padding. On top of that, size medium is actually size 40R, and it proved too large for me.

I also got a silk-cotton-cashmere v-neck sweater, but the medium is too large for me. I do like the quality of it though, so I might simply exchange that. And on the whole, I'd say this is not too shabby. Thank god for free returns!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Sounds like we all got screwed by GAP Inc.'s oversized measurements/clothing. I swear I can almost fit into XS in some GAP/BR lines, and I'm 5'9" 170. Not sure how a medium is a 40R - basically means they have no size options for true smalls since I imagine the small is 38R. Also annoying that this problem isn't illustrated in the size guide.

Supposed to be slimmer than their tailored slim too, which is one reason I figured I'd be fine with a medium.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    This is me in my brand new Pointer Brand jacket. Obviously the striped shirt isn't a great choice under it, but it's what I had on when the package arrived, so...