Page 201 of 627 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 6268

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Recently bought a pair of Clarks DBs in the go-to taupe suede finish. Sized down properly, but the toe box feels a bit narrow for my left foot. I can feel the outer two small toes rubbing against the suede.

How much will these stretch out? Is there a secret trick to stretch the toe box a bit? It's just ever-so-slightly small, to the point where it constantly rubs.
    Not sure how much you sized down. I think i had to go down to a 8.5D from my normal 9D. In my experience if it's rubbing against your toe now, it's not going to get any better. As you walk more in a day and especially as your foot swells as the day goes on, it will get worse. I'd return them now or try swapping them out for a different size. I've had a lot of issues with AE's rubbing against the outside of my toes but never with the Clarks DB. They're a bit wider in the toe box so maybe you sized down too much.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Not sure how much you sized down. I think i had to go down to a 8.5D from my normal 9D. In my experience if it's rubbing against your toe now, it's not going to get any better. As you walk more in a day and especially as your foot swells as the day goes on, it will get worse. I'd return them now or try swapping them out for a different size. I've had a lot of issues with AE's rubbing against the outside of my toes but never with the Clarks DB. They're a bit wider in the toe box so maybe you sized down too much.
    I typically wear a 10.5/11D in most shoes, but the 10.5D Clarks felt too big. Went with the 10D, and overall the shoe fits fine. It's just the left foot that rubs.

I bet I can stretch the leather slightly if I go with a bigger sock, or insert a shoe tree with a few layers of plastic on top. That's how you stretch leather gun holsters or baseball gloves.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Factory seconds Saunders and Malverns arrived today!

I'm quite pleased with the Malverns overall, although I do find them a little narrow on one foot. Since it's leather, they'll stretch somewhat as they break in, right? A little more iffy on the Saunders. As much as I like the look and feel of them (they feel noticeably softer and nicer than the Malvern), they seem to be a little big on me. There is some gaping in the back of the foot when I wear them, and some heel slippage. I'm linking to my album for them, and would appreciate any of you taking a look and giving a critique of the defects you see!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Trueflame - I had the same issue with the Saunders (and the slaton, and the sanderson - all the RL shoes). They use their own last, not an AE one, and it just doesn't work for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Trueflame, can't comment on fit but the "defects" you pointed out we're minimal and will be unnoticeable once they've been worn a few times, so don't let those stop you from keeping them! Tough to tell from the pic exactly what gaping is going on, but most chukkas will have extra room at the ankle opening.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    BigBayesian, Jamie, thanks for the advice! I'm also of the opinion that most of the defects are superficial, and will be unnoticeable while worn, or simply after being worn several times. The gaping on the back of the Saunders is simply that gab between my sock and the shoe, seen in the last picture. It's hard to really tell given the angle and poor quality, but it's nearly an inch big, and although there are similar gaps with the Malverns, they are nowhere near as big. I think that's just a sizing issue though. I am definitely going to return these Saunders and see if I can get one in a 9d instead.

Incidentally, does anyone know how much the width of a shoe decreases with a drop in size? Because they fit me well in terms of width, it's just length that is a problem.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueflame View Post
    BigBayesian, Jamie, thanks for the advice! I'm also of the opinion that most of the defects are superficial, and will be unnoticeable while worn, or simply after being worn several times. The gaping on the back of the Saunders is simply that gab between my sock and the shoe, seen in the last picture. It's hard to really tell given the angle and poor quality, but it's nearly an inch big, and although there are similar gaps with the Malverns, they are nowhere near as big. I think that's just a sizing issue though. I am definitely going to return these Saunders and see if I can get one in a 9d instead.

Incidentally, does anyone know how much the width of a shoe decreases with a drop in size? Because they fit me well in terms of width, it's just length that is a problem.
    Go up in width by a size.

I wish I'd returned my Sandersons. They give me the same problem you're experiencing w/ the Saunders (which look a whole lot better than I thought they would)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Not exactly clothing but totally my fav purchase to date!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Excellent choice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Go up in width by a size.

I wish I'd returned my Sandersons. They give me the same problem you're experiencing w/ the Saunders (which look a whole lot better than I thought they would)
    I'm almost 100% certain that they (RLs by AE) only come in d width.

I couldn't make them fit - going down a half size was too tight. But hopefully you'll have more luck.