Page 193 of 626 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 6253

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Are those the same ones that someone noted were really shiny? Hope not. Otherwise Stafford footwear has served me well with the Camlin, Ashton, Ashford and Cutter. Great shoes/boots for the dough!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    DAMN YOU JCP!!! And here I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing lunch today, thwarted again by my impulse to browse.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Are those the same ones that someone noted were really shiny? Hope not. Otherwise Stafford footwear has served me well with the Camlin, Ashton, Ashford and Cutter. Great shoes/boots for the dough!
    I saw them in store on Wednesday, and they are VERY shiny. Almost plastic-y. They just looked too cheap for my personal taste (sorry, Joe!).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Thanks, Mr. Mailman!

Love, love, love it!!!!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    My new Crown and Buckle strap just came in for my Orient Aviator. While I love their NATO straps, I can't endorse this one at all. It does have the vintage-y kind of worn in look I was going for, but the leather feels cheap and plastic-y. It's nowhere near as good as any of my Hirsch straps. I'll keep it on there for now but when time comes to replace it, I'll be getting the Hirsch Liberty that Yoyo went with. I went with the black face for my Aviator.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Thanks, tnjyoung! I'm really digging it so far.

Vicious, that C&B strap *looks* really sweet in your pics, man. But yeah, if it doesn't feel right, for sure not worth trying to talk yourself into it.

This Hirsch Liberty is really supple and to me certainly feels and looks worth the extra dough. I could see myself trying a couple others of theirs on a few of my other watches too. You like the Grand Duke, right? Any others you recommend? Seems like they have a nice looking rally type strap. I might look into that one.

Anyway, rock that Orient Flight man. It looks great in black with that lighter shade of brown strap.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I really like the look of the C&B strap. It's definitely the look I was going for. It just feels cheap and plasticy compared to the Hirsch straps. Yeah, the Grand Duke is very high quality. I only got it because the Duke was sold out in the color and size combo I wanted. I have a few other Hirsch straps but can't remember the specific names.

If you're going for a Rally strap, I really like this one. I had it on my VSA watch. I sold the watch but stil have the strap.
    http://www.fredawatchstraps.com/dmrallye.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    AE Dalton in Bourbon from the shoebank and the JcPenney Strafford boots in brown..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    Snagged a pair of AE "Nathans" for $50!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mowgli222 View Post
    AE Dalton in Bourbon from the shoebank and the JcPenney Strafford boots in brown..

Thanks for the side by side of these two. It's good to see the lighter brown Stafford's color compared to the Dalton's Bourbon color. Makes me wonder if these are last years boots that were brought out from the warehouses for the current season. I agree with the previous posts that the dark brown Stafford is a fail due to the plastic looking leather but the lighter brown, as seen here, isn't bad. I saw the lighter brown in the JCP by me this afternoon and was surprised at the lighter color option since the lighter brown doesn't appear to available on the web. Maybe one could add some depth to the lighter brown's color by giving it a light polish with black or even darker brown polish.
    Last edited by ajk170; September 8th, 2013 at 01:07 AM.