Page 154 of 627 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 6268

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hamnett View Post
    Finally able to snag the Gap tailored cotton blazer this weekend. Totally unstructured, totally $40: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=351301002
    Was just about to register so I could share the same deal. Couldn't believe they had it in a 38R.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DXLi View Post
    Pulled the trigger and got one of the last of The Natural jeans at Gustin: https://www.weargustin.com/campaigns/67

Can't. Freaking. Wait.
    I keep hearing about the company so I went ahead and put an order in on the Sixteener. Guess ill see what the hype is about in 2 months when they get delivered.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Guess it's the week for $40 and under blazers for me... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2722wt_1164
    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Got this red Filson 257 bag in earlier today. His pics are better than anything I could take so I'm just going to link to this post - http://www.styleforum.net/t/133759/f...5#post_6374265

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    My goal of having dress shoes in every major color family is nearing the end! My AE Park Aves in walnut grain arrived today! Don't ask me why they're redder and darker than other AE walnut shoes, but I'm not complying. I was preparing to have them dyed to get them where I wanted, but now I don't have to. >:-)

I now have black, dark brown, "walnut" (i use the term loosely), and British tan... and each one is a distinctively different style, but each one is dressy. :-D

Ignore the laces. I'll be going with straight laces, but that's how they came out of the box, and I wanted to hurry up and get them on my feet.
    Last edited by alan; May 29th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    My goal of having dress shoes in every major color family is nearing the end! My AE Park Aves in walnut grain arrived today! Don't ask me why they're redder and darker than other AE walnut shoes, but I'm not complying. I was preparing to have them dyed to get them where I wanted, but now I don't have to. >:-)

I now have black, dark brown, "walnut" (i use the term loosely), and British tan... and each one is a distinctively different style, but each one is dressy. :-D

Ignore the laces. I'll be going with straight laces, but that's how they came out of the box, and I wanted to hurry up and get them on my feet.
    Alan, are you sure they sent you the right shoes? Is the leather smooth? It looks almost pebbly. The color isn't bad, but its nothing close to any of the multiple pairs of Walnut PA's i've seen.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwest View Post
    Alan, are you sure they sent you the right shoes? Is the leather smooth? It looks almost pebbly. The color isn't bad, but its nothing close to any of the multiple pairs of Walnut PA's i've seen.
    Yes, it's the right pair of shoes. They're walnut grain, which indicates a pebble texture. They're like Park Avenue-shaped footballs on my feet! You're right about the color being different, though. But to be fair, I wasn't looking for walnut. I already have British tan wingtip balmorals (which is pretty close to walnut) so I wanted something darker and redder. And that's exactly what I got so I'm not complaining. Looking around online, it seems to be closer to a color most people call "cognac".

I had to settle for going up a half size since that's all that was left. They fit well around the arch, but there's a lot of room in the toe box. I'm afraid that will wear them out faster since it will cause more flexing, but I think a pair of insoles will.
    Last edited by alan; May 30th, 2013 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    My goal of having dress shoes in every major color family is nearing the end!
    Next goal for alan: dress shoe in every major color family....all in cordovon leather!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    Next goal for alan: dress shoe in every major color family....all in cordovon leather!
    I'm going to need a much higher-paying job if that's the case. :-P Both to afford them, and to quit looking so out of place. My co-workers are already questioning me about how much I make because they think I must be making so much more than them by the way I dress.
    Last edited by alan; May 30th, 2013 at 02:26 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    First pair of Sperry's came in. Nordstrom ran these for $59 recently, but shipping was sloooooow. Can't complain if it's free tho.