Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    no, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
    @mdswta4- That's a great looking jacket and sounds like a steal. I really like that look for a fall piece. Does it have elbow patches?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I currently have a pair of AE Park Avenues in walnut grain headed towards my doorway. Imagine these, but with the texture of a footbal... Boom.

I may very well be having them professionally dyed when they come in. I already have a pair of dressy shoes in British tan, dark brown, and black so I'm thinking burgundy, merlot, cognac... Something along those lines.
    Last edited by alan; May 24th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I've been waffling the last few days, but just pulled the trigger on a pair of AE Kiowa's from the current AE Seconds sale. I've found that where I work, I am constantly walking on broken concrete/gravel and mixed surfaces, which makes wearing leather-soled dress shoes out of the question. So, while the lug soles on these may turn some off, I think they'll do quite nicely for the surfaces I walk on, mixed with the rather casual environment. Stock AE photo:

Initially I was turned off, but here's another photo which I believe was from zappos:

Finally, these pictures from styleforum put me over the edge:

Hope they turn out! Also, for what it's worth, I needed to buy the AE Waterproofing spray, and when I asked for it, she said that there was a 15-20% discount on all of the shoecare items as well. So, if anyone needs those items, call your favorite store.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Thrifted a Thomas Mason for BR Monogram (yeah, didn't know they collab'd was apparently back in winter 08) FC shirt for $10. Sized as a slim L but fits me great actually. Bought a pair of linen/cotton indigo leaf-print shorts for $25 from JCrew. Probably won't wear these too much but I paid the same price last summer for a pair of Target shorts and these are way better quality. Will go nice with a variety of things (I think they may look like this: http://s7.jcrew.com/is/image/jcrew/64077_PP9452?$ary_tn250$) Bought two pairs of shoe trees from Nordstrom Rack for $9.90? each.

(Mine had a bunch of Bonobos pants on sale. and a pair of waxy black AE McTavish for AE that I've been looking for, for just $99 but they were chewed up pretty bad)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I finally got two pairs of Daltons on ebay, one brown and one walnut.

After each of the past seven shoe purchases I've said "ok this is it, I'm done."

So I think I have a problem.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Liu View Post
    I finally got two pairs of Daltons on ebay, one brown and one walnut.

After each of the past seven shoe purchases I've said "ok this is it, I'm done."

So I think I have a problem.
    You may be right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Let me preface this by saying that I NEVER have this luck...but just bought the only pair...in my size, at Ross for $30!! http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...fcTest=fcl%3A0

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Did some shopping yesterday -- specifically wanted to find some nice work appropriate dark jeans. Tried the Rack first to try and get an @yoyo type of steal. Ended up with a cedar shoe tree, as predicted. Only saw a few other shoes I'd even consider (some black AEs and few TBNYs I didn't need) and one pair of jeans (a pair of AGs, but even for $90 I just didn't feel like it was worth it). No Bonobos, no Levis.

Annoyed, I went up the road to the jcrew and talked myself into the progressive sale to get the full $75 discount. Not really dapper-approved on the value chain, but I snagged:

1 pair of 484 dark resin wash japanese selvedge jeans ($150 retail); initially I felt these were way too tight on the skinny train, but I wore them around the store for a few minutes and changed my tune. They're like wearing a really tailored pair of slacks; they taper slim but don't look like jeggings. Plus, they'll stretch slightly so I'm not too worried. They look great with low-profile shoes since there's almost no stacking. Sized down to a 34.

1 pair of the "natural" the Kenton Suede Bucks ($198) that Joe mentioned on the mothership. These kick ass; I was on the fence but once I tried them on I was BLOWN away by how comfortable they are. I hadn't expected that they'd be so light; felt like wearing a sneaker. I had reservations about being able to pull 'em off, but screw it. Immediately feel like they class up any summer casual outfit I've got. My only problem? I want to wear them with the above jeans, but the above jeans are a really dark indigo and are crocking like crazy. Not sure how many cycles or wears until that'll stop to make that a viability. Not sure I want to try and figure out how to get indigo out of suede.

All said and done, with the $75 off I lobbed $275 into Mr. Crew's pocket.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Jeggings... Is that like the Bonobos girlfriend jeans?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kxK_1JsO6k8

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    about to get these as a graduation present. talk me out of it now or forever be silent.

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...sive-cambridge