Page 14 of 624 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My AE order came in with shoe cleaning essentials and also two money clips I ordered. One black & one brown. Ill keep the brown and gift the black to my father as part of his birthday gift. Also went ahead and ordered AE's Sandlot baseball team logo shoe when they were running Soles for Souls promotion. Ended up paying 15 bucks for a decent pair of boat shoes over the summer. They fit a little snug and need to find a way to maybe stretch to toe area a tad. Anyone have suggestions?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Received my LEC shoe purchase today, thought it was worthy of an update:

Ordered all three in size 9.5, fit true. (For reference I wear a 9 in Clark's desert boots and Converse All Stars, and a 9.5 in Adidas sambas) They all look terrific. Not the highest quality suede, but man is it soft and do they feel great.

Montrose Alpine Boots ($40 on sale): Great fit and color (black, with great contrasting blue laces). Look like they could take a beating around town, I don't think I would hike in them. Should do well in the snow here in VT.

Kinsey Boat Shoe ($30 on sale): I got the khaki color, I really like them. Very soft, no breaking in necessary, molds to my feet beautifully. If I can get 2 or 3 seasons out of them, I'll be happy. All 5 colors are on sale. I'm considering ordering the orange or red too.

Austin Boat Chukka ($40 on sale. Slate color only): My favorite of the three. Ordered the Slate which is a really nice light grey, almost looks like it has some blue in it. Feels, and molds to my feet, as good as the Kinsey's. I would have loved the Navy color, but unfortunately they were not on sale in the Navy.

Overall: Very happy with the purchase. Would recommend all three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just ordered 2 shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt using the 39.99 deal + free tie:

1 Blue Oxford

1 Pink End on End

1 Navy Tie w/sky blue dots

Glad I saw that deal up, thats a pretty amazing steal. The shirt deal alone is worth it but a tie too, winning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where is the Charles Tyrwhitt deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Todd, can you post some photos of your Kinsey boat shoes? I bought some last fall in the brown leather but returned them because they were too squeaky and looked off in person. If you like the suede and they look good, I may give them a second look.

Also, got a bunch of collar stays from QualityStays on Amazon today. 200 for like $10. Good deal IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@LosRockets - I'll try and get some up tomorrow when I can get some sunlight. I have truly atrocious lighting in my apartment.

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Todd - I picked up the Austin boat chukkas as well in slate from the Inlet store. Very comfortable. My first boat shoe/chukka, and I like the wearability and the versatility that it goes with.

I sized down and wear them without socks, and I feel like my toes are sometimes hanging out over the soles, but after the first day of wearing them, they felt like a familiar old pair of shoes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I found these yesterday at JC Penney for $30:

They're made by Bass. They have rubber soles, but they're full-grain leather, they're in a versatile color, and I didn't own a pair of brown loafers so they fill a niche... And did I mention they were $30? They're relatively dark, but not as dark as the picture seems to indicate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Just ordered the LL Bean Casco boat shoes in canyon to be my beater summer shoes.

Use code: DUC0136 to get $10 off, plus you get a $10 gift card with a purchase over $50 (and with tax these came to $50.96)