Page 143 of 627 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 6268

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    All kinds of goodies in the back door today.

First there's those bucks from Land's End in tan. Then I snagged $28 clearance Levi's of twill and the 501 STF from JCP in Dark Grey (my first pair of "raw" denim, already did my first soak). Add in some Chippewa GQ's under $90 from Amazon and that Timex I talked about recently.

Was a good day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Bought three pairs of Elston Chinos from Lands End Canvas. Went up a size in the waist. I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase. I did use the 40% off code for my order. They came out to $38.40 a pop.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfranklin View Post
    Add in some Chippewa GQ's under $90 from Amazon and that Timex I talked about recently.
    I know you just picked them up but what are your first impressions on the Chippewas? Do they look/feel like they'll live up to expectations? Also, how's the sizing on them?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    I know you just picked them up but what are your first impressions on the Chippewas? Do they look/feel like they'll live up to expectations? Also, how's the sizing on them?
    First impressions is that they meet my expecations, which were to be a boot worth beating the hell out of. I wasn't buying a fashion boot to dress up or down, I wanted a shitkicker basically. They're really comfortable out of the box, which surprised me. I'm a between a 9.5C and 9.5D in sizing, so I went down to a 9D and i'm fairly happy. They could be a little narrower for my feet, but it's hardly noticable.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    I braved the jimmy choo sample sale yesterday, and there's no male experience similar to these girls pouring over heels at 90% off. I bought a couple of pairs of heels for the gf. However, several others there were pushing 3' cube cardboard boxes around filled to the brim. Easily at least 20 pairs of shoes. The level of consumerism there was in another dimension that I am still grasping to comprehend lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    franklin, thanks for sharing. Sounds like that's just what I'm looking for.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fey View Post
    I braved the jimmy choo sample sale yesterday, and there's no male experience similar to these girls pouring over heels at 90% off. I bought a couple of pairs of heels for the gf. However, several others there were pushing 3' cube cardboard boxes around filled to the brim. Easily at least 20 pairs of shoes. The level of consumerism there was in another dimension that I am still grasping to comprehend lol
    LOL! Was that at Soiffer Haskin or that spot in Chelsea near Bed, Bath & Beyond?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    the latter, in chelsea. it was a pretty good sale; got ~$2k worth of stuff for 250. guys sales are almost never that good :\

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    The wife and I went on an impromptu outlet shopping trip yesterday. I didn't expect to find much, but I snagged this completely unstructured, barely lined navy cotton blazer from Brooks Brothers for $100. I'd bee hunting for something like this for a while. It's a little less structured than some of the J Crew jackets I was looking at.

I also grabbed a couple polos. The first is from BR for $10 It doesn't quite come through in the picture, but the base color is cream, not white.

This is from Penguin in their Heritage Slim Fit for $25. This is the shortest, slimmest polo I've been able to find. Perhaps it's a new favorite in the making.

I like how both of them have a retro feel to them.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Won these. Allen Edmonds for Ralph Lauren: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ralph-lauren...vip=true&rt=nc Been wanting a pair of loafers and while they're not in burgundy/merlot, they're pretty much perfect otherwise, especially for the price (it's what I was thinking of paying for LE or Florsheim loafers). Really excited!