Page 131 of 635 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    In keeping with the recent theme of the thread, I recently received some AE Lubbocks from deep discounter 6PM.com. It seems like a few weeks ago Zappos dumped a bunch of AEs down to them, although the selection's dwindled quite a bit. Still, for under $200 it was hard to pass up. First pair of monks, really like them with jeans right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    My Halloween Seiko SNZJ21 arrived this week. Finally had time to get some links removed.

Not sleek, but not clunky. Fitting for a casual weekend outing or if you want a pop of color with a dark outfit.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Ok, this might be stretching the "recent" in recent purchases, but these have all been purchased in the last 2.5 years since I discovered Dappered, StyleForum, Put This On, etc. I was sort of doing a pocket square inventory so I thought I'd throw a few pics up. As you can see, I have a bit of a Drake's habit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That's quite the beautiful collection you have there! Being a college student ill affords me to purchase such luxurious products, let alone give me chances to wear them...but one day I will! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Ok, this might be stretching the "recent" in recent purchases, but these have all been purchased in the last 2.5 years since I discovered Dappered, StyleForum, Put This On, etc. I was sort of doing a pocket square inventory so I thought I'd throw a few pics up. As you can see, I have a bit of a Drake's habit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Two recent purchases for me:

1)Lands End Travelers Blazer-Tailored Fit ~$132
    http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-t...248730_-1.html

Just came in, so haven't had the chance to check out the fit yet. Hoping to make this one my obligatory navy blue sport coat.

2)Field Notes "National Crop" Edition

[http://fieldnotesbrand.com/wp-conten...NC-14barnS.jpg

Not explicitly clothing, but I've seen them pop up on the site before. I'm looking forward for these guys to come in!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalobills12 View Post
    That's quite the beautiful collection you have there! Being a college student ill affords me to purchase such luxurious products, let alone give me chances to wear them...but one day I will! haha
    Thanks! Well, in true Dappered fashion I didn't pay retail for any of them except the Vanda kimono silk squares in the bottom pic. All the Drakes were from the Drakes sale (yearly in Jan), the twice yearly Mr Porter sales, or from Shaya at Exquisite Trimmings who gave me a great price (via PM, not website). In the bottom pic starting at the upper left, the Berg & Berg squares were from their sale, Vandas at retail, Talbotts from C21 or Spoo (LuxeSwap), Hickey Freemans from their sale, Kent Wang great wave bought with the Urban Daddy deal, Cappellis (amazing silk!) from Exquisite Trimmings, Seabury & Stearn from Barneys at 50% off, and generic white linens from NM Last Call (the other two white and blue with the linen are Talbott linen or cotton/linen).

Honestly the most used are the Drakes unicorn and blue tiger and both the Seabury & Stearn paisleys. That ancient madder paisley is probably the most useful square one could own after white linen.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Well, I've had a lot of Bruichladdich tonight and I've had a bunch of PayPal $$$ burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to spend it. Posting the expenditures here because two of the companies are brand new and could probably use the exposure.

In keeping with the pocket square posts above, I just bought the New Lagos square in blue from the brand new site Ikire Jones:
    http://ikirejones.com/collections/pocket-squares

Two purchases from the brand new (well not even up yet) site Murder Ave Ties which is carrying one of my favorite brands, E & G Cappelli. Got a blue grenadine (which for some reason I had never got around to buying, even though this is basically a wardrobe essential) and a silver silk printed twill. Posting here because they are promising lots of future perks to early customers who buy before the site is live. In any case, they are priced the same or less than Cappelli's own site, which is not cheap but worth it for the amazing quality IMO. The 3 pocket squares I posted a couple of posts ago in the bottom left hand corner are all Cappelli and they are awesome silk! My favorite summer tie is a green Cappelli linen so it's great to see a US vendor. Just doing them a solid and saying check 'em out: http://murderave.tumblr.com/ Can't wait to get the ties!

(Cappelli's outlet is great too: http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catal...19dmubt3nt5co7 Shipping is a bit of a drag though.)

Most of my shoes are leather soled. I could use a lighter brown Dainte soled shoe so I grabbed this Alfred Sargent on sale from AFPOS:
    http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...harlton-rustic

I know dirty bucks can be had cheap, but I wanted to get up to £250 for the free shipping and I've never owned any Sanders before so I got this too:
    http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...rby-dirty-buck

Now that my PayPal account is depleted, back to our regularly scheduled program of more whisky...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I thought I was done with shoes for a long while (bought 3 in the last 2 weeks alone), then I ran into the tan/canvas Air Colton spectators from Cole Haan on sale for 139 + 30% off. The last pair CH (air franklin white saddle shoes) I had gave me terrible blisters in a size 10, these fit way better and softer. Maybe different lasts?

AE brown/linen strawfuts were on my dream wish list,I guess I can cross them off for these. 350 for a kind of flashy niche shoe was too much, but 100 was a definite for me. Gonna break them out tomorrow with a nice pair of linen pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

chocolate suede allen edmonds mcgraws came in this morning; i'm instantly in love with them. made me run out and get associated hosiery!

mildly interesting- the "allen edmonds" text on the box is in a different font. haven't seen it before. maybe edward gave me knock offs from china :X

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    @fey - Ugh. So jealous. Came this close to getting some of those off of eBay a while back.