Page 11 of 624 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Thanks, Jeff! Yup, it's one in the same. I like the fit and I like the material. The arms are 33/34 and I'm really a 33 so they're a tad long, but it's really not a deal breaker. I do wish the cuffs were a bit tighter, but that's as easy as moving a button if I really decide it's bugging me. Despite owning a million ties, I couldn't find a single one to pair it with so I just went tieless. It's casual anyway, so no biggie. I don't own anything else like it so I'm glad to have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So since I am always saying we need warm weather wear suggestions, I took advantage of BR's 40% and picked up a couple of pique polo's. I really like the fit and length (I'm 6'3"). Anyway got both for under $45.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=79714&vid=1&pid=434644

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=429587002

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

@Alan - Nice suit. What brand is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Busy day today, picked up the following:

J Crew Aldridge Suit in Navy via Ebay

4 pairs of J Crew Club shorts (Seersucker, Oxford Navy, Canvas, and Graphite)

5 J Crew Vintage Polos (Purple, Pink, Cerulean Blue, Beachside Blue, and Sage)

1 Gap Classic Black Belt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got some sand/khaki colored Levi's 501 shrink-to-fit jeans from TJ Maxx for $8 today. Breaking them in now but I think they'll end up fitting really well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Neither of my LEC purchases fit. The refined chinos in 32x32 are too small in waist and length. The white selvedge shirt with 33/34 sleeves is about two inches too long (at least an inch longer in the sleeves than a 34/35 usually is). Otherwise, the fit of the pants is good, while the shirt requires tailoring in the body and sleeve width.

Disappointing. I have at least a 50% return ratio with LEC because the sizing is so hit and miss, even between their own items.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

@BenW - Yeah their sizing can be pretty screwed up. I bought their Chambray Workshirt and it fits me awesome, but the Heavyweight Oxford Workshirt is huge in the torso and way too long. Both are size M. Their straight fit chinos actually fit me pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The linen shorts I got fit well, so I'm keeping them. I'm returning the jeans I got at Gap. The fabric isn't as nice as the ones I got last fall... Not as rigid, smooth, or raw-denim feeling as my old ones (which still feel brand new).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

@Alan: your expression is priceless! I guess I'd look like that too if I found an off the rack fit that good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@JC glad you made that post, as I've been on the fence about ordering the GAP jeans since our discussion a few days ago. I'm going to hold off for now. Both myself and my wallet thank you!

Picked up a pair of white Jack Purcell's and a slim fit Ralph Lauren pink/white gingham dress shirt at Macy's. Their 20% off sale is still ongoing so in total it came to around $100 for both items. The shirt was admittedly a bit of a splurge, but my previous Lauren purchases have been long lasting, and I wanted something to break up the neutral colors I've acquired recently.