Page 113 of 624 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 6232

Thread: Recent Purchases

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Vicious49- Good to hear you have some places to wear the jacket- it does look good!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I just picked up a couple of hats from STP on thier 30% off +$2.50 shipping. Selction is pretty sparse but I got both of these so I'm hoping I have a keeper betwen the two-

I've been feeling the need to round out the daily ensamble by topping off with a hat. I feel off by not wearing a hat- I'm beginning to wonder why we ever moved away from this in men's fashion. I 'm also realizing why older men tend to wear hats - it just feels right. Hope this doen't mean I'm getting old...

I realize that hats can be problematic for a man and there's a fine line of looking like either a hero or a zero. I'm hoping for the former... of the two color options- the brown one looks better but the black harringbone seems like it will work with my topcoat better than the brown though I'm not crazy about the design.
    Last edited by ajk170; March 2nd, 2013 at 01:58 AM.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Well, I just pulled the trigger on this pair of wingtip boots...

that JOE reviewed last year...

So as he said, the Dalton is a stretch so I'm either poor or cheap... but the J&M on sale with shipping competed with the Florsheim Gaffney but without the contrast stitching and heavy lugged soles. The only reviews I found are a mixed bag... I tried everything I could to find these cheaper than the $129 but no e-gift cards out there right now and sale codes didn't work. Even tried the email sign up in hopes of a "Thank you" discount code but no dice. Best I got was 5.5% back from ebates. So, I hope these live up to what I see on the net and that the 9.5 fits- I usually wear a 10 but when measured, I'm clearly a 9.5 - Anyone have these that can comment?
    Last edited by ajk170; March 3rd, 2013 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I've been looking for a good wingtip boot too. But I keep coming back to the AE dalton as my shoe of choice. But I don't want to pay more than 170 or so, and that's a stretch even on ebay.

and as a tangent I bought some AE brown neumoras recently.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I agree- the Dalton seems to be the better quality. I've never worn wingtips with jeans or chinos (never had a pair to do it with either) but always thought that look was odd- too dressy for jeans. I've since stepped away from that position and think the boots are the right mix of sophistication to a casual look. I'm thinking that these will be my entry into the wingtip boots and if I like them and wear them enough to justify the cost, I'll eventually upgrade to a Dalton or an English version.
    Last edited by ajk170; March 3rd, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Liu View Post
    I've been looking for a good wingtip boot too. But I keep coming back to the AE dalton as my shoe of choice. But I don't want to pay more than 170 or so, and that's a stretch even on ebay.

and as a tangent I bought some AE brown neumoras recently.
    I'm debating picking up the grey daltons on sale. I wouldn't wear boots in a business / dress environment, so purely as a casual thing the grey is less bothersome, and it seems to be a dark grey as it is. Still, the color seems to draw really sharp, differing opinions on people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    where is it on sale?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Liu View Post
    where is it on sale?
    http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Plus another $35 off if you donate an old pair of shoes gets it down to 165 or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crims View Post
    I'm debating picking up the grey daltons on sale. I wouldn't wear boots in a business / dress environment, so purely as a casual thing the grey is less bothersome, and it seems to be a dark grey as it is. Still, the color seems to draw really sharp, differing opinions on people.
    beauty of the daltons are that you can wear them in a business/dress environment as well as casual environment. With pants covering the top, most people won't even know they're boots.

in case you haven't yet, check this out: http://tsbmen.com/6153/1-piece5-ways...-brogue-boots/

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I thought about a gray version too- but decided that if and when I go to a Dalton it will be the classic colors- I felt like I was settling if I went with the gray and was doing it only to get into a Dalton. I do think the suede gray in the Florsheim is a great look- very casual but it's not as dark as the Dalton's leather.