Page 112 of 627 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 6265

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all,

First post here but ive been lurking on a few fashion forums. I jus received this blazer from frank and oak,

I was a little worried as i heard that their blazers run really small so i sized up one. im usually a 38R and ordered the 40R, the fit is really good! its slim but not constricting at the same time. its vented and the length isnt too bad either, it looks like all ill have to do is get the sleeves shortened but that should be a pretty inexpensive alteration.

All in all im pretty pleased with this blazer and for $75 it really isnt a bad deal at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @ Matt

Can you comment on the quality and fit of the Uniqlo blazers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Recently picked up these Florsheim Gaffney's from eBay, ~$50 shipped.

Never worn - tried on once. They're basically brand new. Even come with the little shoe bags.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Nice, I have a pair of the Gaffneys in brown. Watch the heel. The rubber started to separate from the cheapo stuff underneath rather quickly. $10 at a cobbler and she nailed and glued it back down. The heels have worn relatively quickly in general, but I'm pretty sure the same cobbler can replace it for not too much.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Got this one from Lands End. Might wear it tomorrow when I go skeet shooting. I know it has to be let out an inch or so like all my other blazers but besides that the fit seems pretty spot on to me. Thoughts on the shoulders?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Why does it need to be let out an inch?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @vicious49
    I don't think it needs to be let out at all. I think you'll get a better drape if you have your tailor get rid of the extra fabric underneath the armpits. Also, the sleeves need to come up a bit. Shoulders look OK, but there appears to be a bump along the right shoulder towards the sleeve seam. Could just be a posture thing though.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I thought it felt a bit tight across the middle. The sleeves technically are 1/2" too long. I was trying to avoid having them tailored for that small a difference. I didn't notice a bump along the 1 shoulder. I think that's more of an optical illusion since the edge of the picture frame is running alongside it.

Think I'll be able to pull this blazer off? My wife called me Elmer Fudd as soon as she saw me in it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Think I'll be able to pull this blazer off? My wife called me Elmer Fudd as soon as she saw me in it.
    "Kill the wabbit! Kill the wabbit!" - It certainly isn't typical, but you look like your pulling it off just fine in these pics. I guess it might depend on the occasion/setting, but in the appropriate one I'd say sure.

You and your wife sound like you have a great thing going. She takes these pics for you, so she's allowed a few verbal jabs now and then, right? Funny stuff, man.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I think it works for you Vicious, and I see nothing wrong with the middle, but let it out if you don't feel comfortable.