Page 111 of 627 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 6268

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Just picked this up from Ebay for about $50 shipped. All the measurements seemed similar to mine so I figured why not. Can't wait until it gets here to see how it fits. It's a Vintage 1977 Green Magee Donegal tweed blazer.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I was looking at that one, Vicious! Great pickup. Is that the one jonATL was selling, or is his a different Magee?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    I never even put 2 and 2 together. The seller is a johnross from atl so it probably is him. What a coincidence.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Ok, as requested, here you go!
    Great post, thank you! I especially appreciate the comparison with the 5 last. It confirms that I'll have to go try them on before buying and make sure the 348 will fit my feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bought two blazers for the warmer seasons:

Uniqlo unstructured navy cotton

Next half lined cotton

Sleeves need to be taken up but other than that they fit pretty well.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Just got a pair of Izod white chinos- not sure about the quality or fit- a little nervous- never had white paints before.... but for the low cost- I thought I should try and start prepping for the spring summer...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Ok, as requested, here you go! All shoes are just "as is", I haven't polished any of them since wearing them so please don't judge my polishing technique! (Westbournes need some conditioner too apparently.) I have a wide-ish foot and usually wear 10E in AE. The 348 is sort of interesting as it is wider where my foot is wide but then really tapers. I think it's a really attractive and comfortable last, especially for my feet. I know some think it's way too long but I really like it.
    Nice collection! I'm on the fence on the 348, as I think it might be a tad too chiseled to look good on me. Have to admit it looks fantastic on other people though. Of the 348s, I find the Westbournes and Edgwares are nicest looking ones.

How would you compare it to the 337 sizing wise?

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Signature pants from the banana via the 40 percent sale today. Three of them. (Tip: Just tell the salesperson that you're really interested in 3, not 2, and he or she most likely suggest they can do it via separate transactions, i.e., 2 in one transaction, 1 in another.) I love them. Great dress pants. I like them more than my J. Crew dress pants. Which is saying something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Went with the Stafford navy cotton jacket from jcp, in my latest attempt to keep them from going out of business.

I had purchased the Claiborne one and initially passed on the Stafford, but after giving the Stafford a second look... I changed my mind. The fit of the jacket is just about perfect for me off the rack (the arms are a tinge too long, but not absurdly so) and it's casual enough to fit in with my overall casual wardrobe.

Very pleased with it especially for the price. Got a lot of compliments about it from my wife and coworkers, too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    JCP ultimate khaki in gray. They had a bunch on clearance in some really weird sizes though. Lots of 48x36, 42x30, 44x38. Seems like weird sizes to have for something that is more on the slim side. I'm ridiculously impressed with the pants. I've recently tried ones from JCrew, BR, and Bonobos and the JCP are way better IMO. The only ones I've tried on that were better were some AG from Nordstrom that were like 150.