Page 105 of 624 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6236

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I ordered these over the weekend. Only planning on keeping 1 (if any). I wanted something I could wear in the rain so I think the Aberdeen's would be better but not sure how I feel about the looks. Thoughts?

Aberdeen

MacNeil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    This is more a question about a future purchase than a recent purchase, but...

Everyone agrees that these sunglasses don't look good on me. I'm about to buy a new pair of glasses and am torn between the "Brooks Brothers Sunglasses" on Nordstrom and a pair of New Wayfarers in Tortoise with brown lenses, but I need to know:

The AE Original Pilots pictured below are 55 mm - is 55 mm the right size, or would 52 mm fit? I'm asking because the Brooks Brothers Sunglasses only come in 52 mm, but I like them more since they are more angular, which fits with my general aethetic/the angularness of my face.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @vicious - if rain is really your concern, the Aberdeen. You could always look for a combo tapped sole like mine?

I think they look good. And 55 is 100% the right size.

New wayfarer > brooks

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hon140 View Post
    This is more a question about a future purchase than a recent purchase, but...

Everyone agrees that these sunglasses don't look good on me. I'm about to buy a new pair of glasses and am torn between the "Brooks Brothers Sunglasses" on Nordstrom and a pair of New Wayfarers in Tortoise with brown lenses, but I need to know:

The AE Original Pilots pictured below are 55 mm - is 55 mm the right size, or would 52 mm fit? I'm asking because the Brooks Brothers Sunglasses only come in 52 mm, but I like them more since they are more angular, which fits with my general aethetic/the angularness of my face.

Nothing wrong with those AEs that I can tell. In fact, I'm going to grab some myself before spring comes and I'm out in the sun more. I think they're classic, and the military styling is very cool. Hard to tell about the size from your photo--can you give us a bigger image? But I wouldn't think going to 52mm would make much difference.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Vicious - where did you order that Orient Millenium for $165? I've been looking for that watch, but haven't been able to find it for that low.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Vicious - where did you order that Orient Millenium for $165? I've been looking for that watch, but haven't been able to find it for that low.
    They had a sale going the day I placed my order. It looks like due to that, it's now on backorder.
    http://www.discountwatchstore.com/Or...h_p_30545.html

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Nothing wrong with those AEs that I can tell. In fact, I'm going to grab some myself before spring comes and I'm out in the sun more. I think they're classic, and the military styling is very cool. Hard to tell about the size from your photo--can you give us a bigger image? But I wouldn't think going to 52mm would make much difference.
    I *think* some folks (including myself) have seen good ol' Don Draper wearing his (REs, actually, right? - basically the same thing, IMO) seemingly much tighter/smaller-framed. I know when I first got my 55 AOs, I thought they were too big; most likely due to the impression left from Drapes. I bet he had 52s on. Either that or he has a pretty big dome.

Regardless, I think those look great on you, bud (hon140). I say rock 'em!

Oh, and tortoise w/*green* lenses are my fave New Wayfarers, but to each their own. I'd vote to buy those too! That pair of AOs and RBs is a pretty sweet sunglasses setup. Switch 'em up.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; February 4th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sperry Top-Sider Boat Oxford Wingtip for $59.99. Got them in today and they look great and are very comfortable.

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...&pid=263872002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just received my JCrew factory shipment yesterday. Nothing too special, but I picked up a gingham and two tattersall shirts with the intent to breathe a bit more variety into my rotation of solids/mini stripes. I also ordered a watch a while back that was a part of a deal someone posted on the forums here (Seiko SSB049). Looking forward to mixing them in with my usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Picked these up a local thrift store, no idea what brand though: