Page 105 of 624 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6236

Thread: Recent Purchases

  1. #1041
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,591
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I ordered these over the weekend. Only planning on keeping 1 (if any). I wanted something I could wear in the rain so I think the Aberdeen's would be better but not sure how I feel about the looks. Thoughts?

    Aberdeen


    MacNeil

  2. #1042
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    This is more a question about a future purchase than a recent purchase, but...

    Everyone agrees that these sunglasses don't look good on me. I'm about to buy a new pair of glasses and am torn between the "Brooks Brothers Sunglasses" on Nordstrom and a pair of New Wayfarers in Tortoise with brown lenses, but I need to know:

    The AE Original Pilots pictured below are 55 mm - is 55 mm the right size, or would 52 mm fit? I'm asking because the Brooks Brothers Sunglasses only come in 52 mm, but I like them more since they are more angular, which fits with my general aethetic/the angularness of my face.


  3. #1043
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @vicious - if rain is really your concern, the Aberdeen. You could always look for a combo tapped sole like mine?

    I think they look good. And 55 is 100% the right size.

    New wayfarer > brooks

  4. #1044
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,465
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hon140 View Post
    This is more a question about a future purchase than a recent purchase, but...

    Everyone agrees that these sunglasses don't look good on me. I'm about to buy a new pair of glasses and am torn between the "Brooks Brothers Sunglasses" on Nordstrom and a pair of New Wayfarers in Tortoise with brown lenses, but I need to know:

    The AE Original Pilots pictured below are 55 mm - is 55 mm the right size, or would 52 mm fit? I'm asking because the Brooks Brothers Sunglasses only come in 52 mm, but I like them more since they are more angular, which fits with my general aethetic/the angularness of my face.

    Nothing wrong with those AEs that I can tell. In fact, I'm going to grab some myself before spring comes and I'm out in the sun more. I think they're classic, and the military styling is very cool. Hard to tell about the size from your photo--can you give us a bigger image? But I wouldn't think going to 52mm would make much difference.

  5. #1045
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Vicious - where did you order that Orient Millenium for $165? I've been looking for that watch, but haven't been able to find it for that low.

  6. #1046
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,591
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Vicious - where did you order that Orient Millenium for $165? I've been looking for that watch, but haven't been able to find it for that low.
    They had a sale going the day I placed my order. It looks like due to that, it's now on backorder.
    http://www.discountwatchstore.com/Or...h_p_30545.html

  7. #1047
    Dappered Veteran yoyorobbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,836
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Nothing wrong with those AEs that I can tell. In fact, I'm going to grab some myself before spring comes and I'm out in the sun more. I think they're classic, and the military styling is very cool. Hard to tell about the size from your photo--can you give us a bigger image? But I wouldn't think going to 52mm would make much difference.
    I *think* some folks (including myself) have seen good ol' Don Draper wearing his (REs, actually, right? - basically the same thing, IMO) seemingly much tighter/smaller-framed. I know when I first got my 55 AOs, I thought they were too big; most likely due to the impression left from Drapes. I bet he had 52s on. Either that or he has a pretty big dome.



    Regardless, I think those look great on you, bud (hon140). I say rock 'em!

    Oh, and tortoise w/*green* lenses are my fave New Wayfarers, but to each their own. I'd vote to buy those too! That pair of AOs and RBs is a pretty sweet sunglasses setup. Switch 'em up.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; February 4th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

  8. #1048
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sperry Top-Sider Boat Oxford Wingtip for $59.99. Got them in today and they look great and are very comfortable.



    http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...&pid=263872002

  9. #1049
    Varsity Member Eric F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just received my JCrew factory shipment yesterday. Nothing too special, but I picked up a gingham and two tattersall shirts with the intent to breathe a bit more variety into my rotation of solids/mini stripes. I also ordered a watch a while back that was a part of a deal someone posted on the forums here (Seiko SSB049). Looking forward to mixing them in with my usual.


  10. #1050
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Picked these up a local thrift store, no idea what brand though:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •