Page 104 of 626 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 6251

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Just ordered an Orient Millennium for $165. Can't wait for it to get here. I can't remember which thread it was, but someone posted a pic of theirs on here a few weeks ago and I've been wanting it ever since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Vicious 49...great buy. I've wanted one for a while but I find it hard to take notes in class on my lap top while wearing a watch so I haven't pulled the trigger.

As for the topic of the thread...I picked up the jcp blazer for $24 tonight. They only had a small and it is a little tight in the shoulders but perfect in the body. At that price I will make it work.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp4080 View Post
    Vicious 49...great buy. I've wanted one for a while but I find it hard to take notes in class on my lap top while wearing a watch so I haven't pulled the trigger.

As for the topic of the thread...I picked up the jcp blazer for $24 tonight. They only had a small and it is a little tight in the shoulders but perfect in the body. At that price I will make it work.
    This would violate my "don't buy it just because of the price if it doesn't fit you perfectly" rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I think it was just paranoia because I never fit into a small. Once I got it home and was reassured by the gf and photos online its fine.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    So I kind of went on a Bonobos splurge because I'm getting almost $1500 back on my taxes. This was my first experience with Bonobos btw.
    I also had a $25 credit and took advantage of the 30% off on a pair of jeans, and 25% off on some chinos for being a student.

I'm typically a 32x33. I tried the slim fit chinos in a 32x32 and a 32x34 first.
    Taper wasn't flattering on me because I don't have chicken legs. 32 length was too short and 34 too long. These were also a little too loose in the waist.

Bonobos customer service was great and let me exchange this style for the straight fit style, so I could still have the 25% off. WOOO!
    They even shipped out the replacements before I returned the other pairs!

I decided to size down in the straight fit and ordered a 31x34. After 2 wash/dryer cycles these shrunk up to fit perfectly everywhere including the length!
    I am incredibly happy with my purchase! Even at $66 a pair.
    http://www.bonobos.com/khaki-straigh...men-the-khakis
    http://www.bonobos.com/tan-straight-...raham-slackers

I also ordered these jeans in a 31x34 for $48. I may have been able to get away with a 30x34 but I don't like my jeans skin tight.
    http://www.bonobos.com/dark-wash-str...men-blue-ridge
    After a few wash cycles these also shrunk, but I still might need to get the length hemmed a bit, undecided at this point, will try to shrink more.

LOVE BONOBOS!
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a Christmas giftcard still unused so I went picked these things up today:

Levi 508s from JCP
    2 Extra Fine Merino Wool Sweaters from BR (on sale plus 40% off)
    A couple of those JCP Crewnecks (redish/salmon and the blue/cream striped one) that Joe mentioned earlier this week
    JCP Scarf (4$) on clearance
    H&M Shawl collar sweater, navy crewneck, and Hoodie since they had a student discount code and 30% off one item

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    J. Crew Lambswool Crewneck Sweater in heather indigo, medium, for 20 bucks!

Haylard Stripe Button Hoodie for 15 bucks!

I have much love for the Crew. And while I'm not much of a hoodie guy (in fact, this is my first hoodie in about forever), there is just something a lot of fun about this one. I couldn't resist.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just copped these Allen edmonds Amsterdams (bourbon Mcallister). GREAT deal as far as I'm concerned ($140 shipped new)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmond...vip=true&rt=nc

Also this Casio - $35 shipped!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-CASI...vip=true&rt=nc
    Last edited by Margotron; February 3rd, 2013 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    @jmp - I stopped by JCP to try on that blazer yesterday for the 2nd time; It fit ok, but I had dimples in the shoulders, and ultimately decided against it; even at $24, it just didn't fit me right. That's a great buy if it fits you.

@Pitt - nice haul! How do the 508's fit, compared to the 514/501? I saw those JCP crewnecks too; might need to pick up the light red one.

@margotron - nice buy on those Amsterdams! Beautiful looking shoe.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Margotron - Nice pickup with those AE's.