Page 103 of 627 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 6266

Thread: Recent Purchases

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for the confirming the good deal- I went through AAFES (military exchange)- on sale for $200 and a promo they have for $5 bucks off gets them at $195 with no tax and free shipping. I really considered the black ones but it's hard to justify when my J&Ms (albeit not as nice and probably less life than A&Es) are perfectly fine - and maybe get a resole out of them (J&Ms that is) to extend thier life when that day comes. So the burnished brown seemed like the next logical step to add to the wardrobe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I happened upon my local H&M and found a brown tweed blazer and a pair of monk strap brown boots both for 50% off! Total was $75. I'll post pics when I can.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
    Thanks for the confirming the good deal- I went through AAFES (military exchange)- on sale for $200 and a promo they have for $5 bucks off gets them at $195 with no tax and free shipping. I really considered the black ones but it's hard to justify when my J&Ms (albeit not as nice and probably less life than A&Es) are perfectly fine - and maybe get a resole out of them (J&Ms that is) to extend thier life when that day comes. So the burnished brown seemed like the next logical step to add to the wardrobe.
    Damn, I wish I still had access to an AAFES. I used to get some nice things, e.g., sunglasses, in the military clothing store. Now I'm not anywhere near a base or post. And I don't have all that much time left on my VSI status.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Today: another Moleskine notebook, this one the pocket-sized. I need two this year. Pocket-sized for jotting lists and quick notes, etc. Large one for bigger writing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Here we go. And sorry, the dressing room mirror was spotty.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    @Furious Styles, that looks like $75 well spent!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My beater suit from ebay just arrived. It's a Zara one I got on the cheap, had no idea about the fabric, turns out it's a wool-silk blend, looks and feels nice, happy with it but might not hold up that well as a beater piece. Trousers need to be hemmed and the waist let out a bit, jacket sleeves shortened just a tad and it will be perfect! Pictures coming in WIWT once it's done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just picked up a new blue duffle bag ($62) and tie bar ($14) from the big Rugby Ralph Lauren sale. I'm not crazy about the "R" logo, but I think it is subtle enough to not be obnoxious. And the deep discount convinced me to give these a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Probably not the most dapper find, but I was able to get a pair of navy Converse sneakers for $25, while they're usually $60 where I live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Great buy! I have never been a Marshall's. I may have to stop in on one soon!

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    This could be interesting...

Here's the pink Brooks Brothers tie I bought from Marshalls on Wednesday for $12: