Page 102 of 625 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 6242

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Well, you're brave, at least. Not only do I never venture into ON but I also run in the opposite direction. I think you would be better served by saving the money you spent on those things and spending it on just one good quality pair of chinos somewhere else.
    I'm working out a lot these days and my weight is shifting quite a bit. I didn't fit in most of my size 28 pants and needed a few pairs. I don't know if I'll be the same size in six months, so quality is not my main concern at the moment.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I don't mind cheaper. I buy stuff on sale at J. Crew all the time. But ON's quality is terrible.
    I've had great luck with Old Navy over the years. Everything from jeans to gym shorts to hoodies to chinos. If anything I would say their quality has gotten better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rummaged through the clearance stuff at jcp and after much deliberation, came away with two solid items.

First, this nifty pattern poplin in "Striking Red". The red is not super strong, but the overall pattern was a win. Fits well, and after a wash the fabric softened up considerably.

Also went with a pair of their chinos in navy. They're casual and the fit is very close to their slim straight jean, which I also love. Really wanted these in grey too, but the fit was inconsistent between colors - navy looked great, grey was super baggy. The navy is a slightly brighter blue that I can carry into summer.

Good stuff. They've made me a believer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    A new Moleskine Classic Large Plain Notebook (5 x 8.25). I count it as an accessory. Like I said, I like to write things down.

I buy a new Moleskine notebook every year. Usually it's a pocket sized. This year I went for the larger one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlestyle View Post
    Rummaged through the clearance stuff at jcp and after much deliberation, came away with two solid items.

First, this nifty pattern poplin in "Striking Red". The red is not super strong, but the overall pattern was a win. Fits well, and after a wash the fabric softened up considerably.

Also went with a pair of their chinos in navy. They're casual and the fit is very close to their slim straight jean, which I also love. Really wanted these in grey too, but the fit was inconsistent between colors - navy looked great, grey was super baggy. The navy is a slightly brighter blue that I can carry into summer.

Agree. I checked out the shirts and other things in the store today. I especially like the shirts. I'm going back later this week to cop a few of them. Not as much a believer in the sweaters and other things, though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlestyle View Post

Agree. I checked out the shirts and other things in the store today. I especially like the shirts. I'm going back later this week to cop a few of them. Not as much a believer in the sweaters and other things, though.
    Funny fellas, I, too, went to jcp and picked up one of the gingham (light blue) shirts for $14 and the Stafford Cap toes for $36. The Cap toes are really comfy but I want to "enhance" them. Along the lines of what Joe did to the Stafford wingtips. The issue is after a few steps, they creased right behind the cap and the crease is lighter than the deep rich brown. Is there any creme, rag, brush, whatever that anyone can recommend that I use?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I have this, I imagine it'd work: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1 (dark brown)

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Will, I feel pretty good about this one- Allen Edmonds Strands in burnished brown- brand new, just below $200. Good deal or could I have done better? This is my first pair of these - I have a pair of J&Ms better cap toes in black but not their customs- thier OK, served me well for the last 8 years (Almost never wear them- job doesn't require it). Thought these burnished browns were dark enough to sub as a black if I wanted to...
    Last edited by ajk170; January 27th, 2013 at 11:29 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
    Will, I feel pretty good about this one- Allen Edmonds Strands in burnished brown- brand new, just below $200. Good deal or could I have done better? This is my first pair of these - I have a pair of J&Ms better cap toes in black but not their customs- thier OK, served me well for the last 8 years (Almost never wear them- job doesn't require it). Thought these burnished browns were dark enough to sub as a black if I wanted to...
    Nice score, ajk! Where'd you get them from?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
    I don't know about subbing for black, but that's a good price on the Strands. Except for seconds, the cheapest I've ever seen them is $199 at the Nordstrom sale. Enjoy them!