Page 101 of 623 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6229

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My first eBay experience could not have gone better. Got a pair of AE Kenilworths in the dark brown burnished color and the J Crew Ludlow Yorkshire tweed blazer in heather gray. With shipping I came in under $300 and both pieces are basically new. Judging by sole wear, the Kenilworths had been worn 6 times at most and the uppers looked brand new after a cleaning, conditioning and polish.

Really sold on eBay as the ideal middle ground between thrifting (time-consuming) and waiting out sales (annoying).

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Filofax Finchley personal organizer in black. I still believe in writing things like addresses and phone numbers and other important information down on paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Recently bought some pants from Old Navy. For reference, I'm a 30 in Levi's and 29-30 in LEC pants, usually a 29 in Gap/ON stuff.

Straight-Leg Cords (Link is from Old Navy Canada)
    Great cords for the price, fit is nice, not too slim, not too loose, quality is okay. Bought them in Carbon, 29x30.

Slim-Fit Khakis
    Slimmer than the cords, but not constricting at the thigh. Very narrow opening, not ideal for boots. Fabric is on the lighter side, not the best for Canadian winter. Still a great pair of slim pants. Bought them in Lively Ivy, 29x30.

Broken-In Khakis
    These are terrible. Very loose, waist is at least two sizes too big. Maybe if you size down a lot, they would be decent? Bought then in Uniform Blue, 29x30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scored J&M Headley Chocolate Suede Chukkas for $40 at their factory store last weekend.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Well, you're brave, at least. Not only do I never venture into ON but I also run in the opposite direction. I think you would be better served by saving the money you spent on those things and spending it on just one good quality pair of chinos somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy Diamond View Post
    Recently bought some pants from Old Navy. For reference, I'm a 30 in Levi's and 29-30 in LEC pants, usually a 29 in Gap/ON stuff.

Straight-Leg Cords (Link is from Old Navy Canada)
    Great cords for the price, fit is nice, not too slim, not too loose, quality is okay. Bought them in Carbon, 29x30.

Slim-Fit Khakis
    Slimmer than the cords, but not constricting at the thigh. Very narrow opening, not ideal for boots. Fabric is on the lighter side, not the best for Canadian winter. Still a great pair of slim pants. Bought them in Lively Ivy, 29x30.

Broken-In Khakis
    These are terrible. Very loose, waist is at least two sizes too big. Maybe if you size down a lot, they would be decent? Bought then in Uniform Blue, 29x30.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Well, you're brave, at least. Not only do I never venture into ON but I also run in the opposite direction. I think you would be better served by saving the money you spent on those things and spending it on just one good quality pair of chinos somewhere else.
    Nah. Jessys a smaller dude and that can make finding clothes difficult. Cheaper clothes have a bad rap for no reason really. I have clothes from places like ON and H&M that have lasted for years and years.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    I don't mind cheaper. I buy stuff on sale at J. Crew all the time. But ON's quality is terrible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_s View Post
    Nah. Jessys a smaller dude and that can make finding clothes difficult. Cheaper clothes have a bad rap for no reason really. I have clothes from places like ON and H&M that have lasted for years and years.
    Truth. I've got some ON slim jeans that were $22 that are just perfect.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    I don't mind cheaper. I buy stuff on sale at J. Crew all the time. But ON's quality is terrible.
    Yeah, I get the argument. It has been debated quite a lot here. I, for one, am on the side of typically buying more expensive the first time rather than cheaper (as I expect the quality to be terrible). My experience does not support that argument, however. I know others have, maybe I just take care of things differently, but I've never had a quality control issue with ON or similarly cheap outlets. I'm often not huge on their styling, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase if something fit correctly in a style I like.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Just added this to my watch collection. I am looking to get a dressier band, but not sure if I want to go OEM ($$$$) or third party. I need to take it to an AD to see if it is completely original.