Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colors of suit to go well with recently posted tan boots?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Avery, not in that price range. Allen Edmonds makes a wingtip boot in walnut called the Dalton that looks striking in its own way, and may go better with a suit, but it's several times the price.

But you get what you pay for, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bah, ok. How about oxfords, non-boot wingtips, or other dressier shoes?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Avery, I personally like what you are going for. I only ever have to dress up because I want to so it's easier for me to dress down a suit. I like that look, not everyone will.

Can you clarify your most recent question? Are you looking for orange-brown (thus, somewhat walnut) shoes of another style in the Hawking price range?

If you like the boots, keep 'em.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greg, the orange-brown type of color is what I'm after. My budget could potentially go as high as ~$200. Thanks for all the help.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Have you considered eBay? Endless variety and deals to be had. I've bought two high end pairs there recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

LOL I've created a monster... something tells me Alan isn't done buying shoes on eBay

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

@JC: LOL. No probably I'm not. :-) But I will have to wait another month before I can replenish my budget. My wife looked a little concerned when I told her how much the recent pair cost since my lunch money is supposed to come from the same budget. :-P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Avery, if you are interested in the AE Dalton boots (really an awesome shoe), AE is having a boot sale right now on Factory Seconds (only through the 5th though). You can call one of the Allen Edmonds Factory stores and ask if they have the Walnut Daltons in your size, and if they show up at any of their locations they can order them for you over the phone and ship them to you for free. Should be $150 during the current sale. Not too shabby for a $375 boot with some "flaw" that is usually not noticeable to the untrained eye.

I would suggest asking them to add a tube of “Premium Polish” in matching color (which has a mix of shoe cream and polish), and you may even want some of the "Conditioner Cleaner" or "Leather Lotion" for less frequent maintenance. They can add to your order and ship in the same box. The extra $10 or so is probably worth it to take care of the shoes.

Here is Joe's in-person review on the Dalton:

http://dappered.com/2011/12/win-it-t...dmonds-dalton/