Unlike anything I've seen before.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

^To the guys above, I'd love to hear what you thought of those

The English Patient

I loved this one. I totally see why it got all its awards. It is also fantastic as far as design and setting. It takes place in the 1930s in North Africa and Italy. The stars do great and it features some wonderful cinematography. As far as the actors, Ralph Fiennes and Kristen Scott Thomas star as the main focus affair that begins during the desert trek and makes its way to an excellently significant ending which ties into a later storyline about Fiennes character as he explains and remembers his recent outing in the deserts. The clothes lend to the mesmerizing actors with the men in crisp white shirts, brown leather jackets, boots, and British Khakis as they trek through the bronze desert. The closest bag to the one in the movie that I found quickly was this one: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/bags/PRDOVR~51650/51650.jsp

It is a very beautiful movie and I highly recommend it if you are into those Oscar winners and films with a nice dose of substance.

This one will stick with me for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Saw Hugo over the weekend.

It was EXCELLENT! Since it's back in theaters, I would suggest everybody give it a shot. And go for 3D if you have the option.

The visuals were just so beautiful. The acting, storyline, special effects, etc were top notch as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Been in bed sick all day and saw two movies I really like a lot. 50/50 (starting Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen) and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Starring Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard great things about dragon tattoo girl.

Last movie I saw in theatre s was Safe House. Great movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, Girl w/ the dragon tatoo was an excellent movie, I actually liked it better than the original....but the last movie I saw was Chronicle. It was surprisingly good, and had an interesting take on the superpower/hero theme, it did feel a little rushed at some parts but overall I'd recommend it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Drive, The Ides of March, Moneyball

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I saw "The Dead" last night. It's a zombie movie... in Africa.

There were some tense moments, but generaly not as unnerving as some other zombie movies. These were the slow kind of zombies, and it wasn't uncommon for the protagonists to just jog away from or even outwalk the zombies.

The scary moments came at night or in close quarters where they could get up on you without you knowing it and escape was difficult. Since the zombies move so slowly, they're rather quiet. Plus, since the whole movie takes place in Africa, most of the landscape is open and zombies will come in from every direction.

It's an interesting take on the genre.

P.S. Lots of chewing. Not crazy, flesh-tearing chewing (though there is some of that). Mostly just taking-a-bite-out-of-a-burger kind of chewing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ides of March. George Clooney and Ryan Gosling. Pretty good film, you guys should check it out.

I'd also recommend 50/50

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Moneyball

Absolutely loved it. HUGE baseball fan, although you don't need to be one to enjoy this movie. Root for the underdog, overcoming great odds type of movie. My type of flick