Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie You Saw...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    TBH I didn't even consider it either of those things. Even in historical fictions, I try to suspend my notions of reality and just let the movie tell its story. Just my thing, I guess.
    I though it was ok, it was worth $5 I paid for ticket. I believe it is worth a rental when it comes out on disc.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Saw Interstellar in 70mm IMAX last night, and it was fantastic. I was really glad I avoided reading anything about it or visiting the IMDB page beforehand. It had a few A list actors/actresses in it that were a complete surprise to me. It was also the first movie I've ever been to by myself, and it might be my new favorite way to see movies.
    I second that. I think this is the movie that IMAX (or 70mm IMAX) gives proper format/presentation. I believe that was the case with Gravity as well. I heard people that watched Gravity on their laptops and said movie was boring and lame, and I believe that format was playing a big role in their assessment, I bet same thing will happen with Interstellar as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    What We do In Shadows- hard to classify, maybe a horror comedy is too harsh, vampire mocumentary might be a better description. The idea is that somebody would shoot a documentary about vampire roomates (with their different personalities) living in a same home.... I was pleasantly surprised, very funny and well done.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Without spoiling the movie, I'd have to say I was very disappointed with The Hobbit 3.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Snowpiercer and The Normal Heart. Both good in their own ways but I preferred the latter overall. Also watched Dom Hemingway which was funny at times but largely just alright with a meh ending.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Without spoiling the movie, I'd have to say I was very disappointed with The Hobbit 3.
    Agreed, I thought it was terrible.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    A little preface: I don't like movies.

I recently saw Guardians of the Galaxy.

Didn't like it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    The Imitation Game: Not as grand as I thought it would be. The story seemed a little light. Has many of the faults of "The Kings Speech" just not as bad. Wait for this one on Netflix.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Penguins of Madagascar. Didn't know what to expect, so expectations were low. Wasn't disappointed, but wasn't worth paying for.

Night at the Museum 3. Didn't see the first 2, but it was okay. Not worth paying to see at the theater, but it could be a good option to watch at home. Didn't know he was in the movie, but I read that it was Robin Williams's last onscreen performance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Didn't know he was in the movie, but I read that it was Robin Williams's last onscreen performance.
    He's been in all 3.