Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie You Saw...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Recent movie spree:

1. A Walk Among the Tombstones -- pretty good. A darkish crime action-thriller. Loner-hero-cop kicks butt.

2. TMNT -- terrible

3. Maze Runner -- OK, if you are 12 yrs old and female.

4. Gone Girl -- about as good as expectations. some decent plot twists, but not totally unpredictable. Rosamund looks very nice in most scenes.

5. The Equalizer -- best of the bunch, but similar to #1 (A darkish crime action-thriller. Loner-hero-cop kicks butt.)

p.s. looking forward to Fury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Friday night Sharknado 2 - I dont know what I was thinking!

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Recently watched The Talented Mr. Ripley. Made me consider starting a thread about your favorite movies for their men's style content, though I think that might have already been done.

Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    I like the idea. if it is out there, lets bump it. or start a new one.

I went on a nostalgic kick. Watched Tombstone and Halloween. Also finally watched Devils Knot. All good movies.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    The Equalizer: Decent popcorn muncher but nothing new. Action scenes are very graphic. Denzel is great as usual. If you don't mind violence it's worth a watch.
    Gone Girl: Pretty well done. Plot pulls you in one direction then reveals not everything is as it seems. Movie is MUCH longer then it needs to be. The sister was the best character. There were several, unexpected, funny bits mixed into such a serious story. They were tasteful and helped break the tension. Couldn't help but picture Affleck as Batman throughout the movie though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I saw Boyhood recently from Richard Linklater this weekend. I couldn't recommend it more. Follows a boy and family over 12 years (they actually filmed the same core group of actors once a year for 12 years and then put the film together). What I most enjoyed is that it feels incredibly real, and that the mundane moments are made interesting in the context of the young boy growing up. It is long, but well worth watching. A coming of age movie the likes of which I've never seen before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ended up re-watching Attack the Block two days ago. This movie's such a riot; I don't think I've ever had a really bad experience with anything Edgar Wright touches; kinda sad he's not directing Ant Man anymore.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Just watched Big Hero 6 with the lady friend last night. It was surprisingly very good. Don't want to ruin it, and I'm not good at doing reviews, so I'll just say it hit every emotion, from laugh out loud hilarious to tear jerking sad. I don't watch very many movies, just when there's not anything else planned for date night. My two favorite movies of the year would be Big Hero 6 and When the Wind Rises.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    Just watched a movie starring Chris Evans called "Snowpiercer". Wasnt that bad. Interesting and original concept for a movie. Ending was ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Snowpiercer was a pretty good movie, though I would have to agree that the ending was so-so. The other night we watched "I Saw The Devil". I must saw Korean cinema is on point for the last few years.

http://www.isawthedevilmovie.com