Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So what do you do for a living?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a sales associate at banana republic and a college student I pretty much have to dress nice and it really helps set me apart from every other 19 year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am working on a master's degree in international affairs. My focus is more in economics and other business-oriented subjects than in history, political science and stuff like that, though I love pretty much anything with an international focus. Traveling is my #1 passion. I also tutor K-12 students in math and reading. Pays well, can set my own hours--great for my unsteady schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Morning all,

I work in DC as federal contractor for one of the ABC agencies.

Site Engineer is my official title, but that means anything from software application testing/installing/training, to rewiring high production print machines, to monthly house cleaning of all of my PC/Network equipment deployed on the production floor.

So for me it is mostly nice jeans paired with a button down and a sweater of some sort.

I normally wear a different pair of shoes/boots everyday to break up the "uniform", so that gets me regular compliments from others.

I have recently added chinos and cords to my rotation, so that had been a nice addition.

Most of my IT co-workers dress the same, a few wear ties regularly; I do not since I am around machinery.

I have a small watch collection as well, which helps add that small touch to my outfits.

@RHS - nice website; I live on the Eastern Shore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a publisher for a medical/sciences publisher. Coat and tie for me on most days.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

I'm surprised at the utter lack of representation from the journalism industry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I guess we have a winner in the "who dresses worse, journalists or software developers" challenge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a graduate who is currently applying to medical school. I'm in that transition between college kid and professional. That being said I fall somewhere between streetwear and classic style. This website is invaluable to that transition. I am on here constantly and am able to build a solid foundation for future clothing investments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

By day I teach H.S. gangsters and other behavior disorders. At night I'm an adjunct graduate school professor.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

BURN!