Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So what do you do for a living?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Sales Engineer with sys admin / computer security / networking background working for a firm that designs and manufactures IP based video surveillance systems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Real job: Director of Recruiting for a small staffing firm outside of Annapolis. We primarily place IT, but have clients call for everything from C level executives to electronics technicians.

Fun job: I run a website called Bowties & Boatshoes, and hold a very small stake in Starboard Clothing Co.

Hopefully one day the fun one will pay more bills than the real one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

@RHStansbury, you should totally offer a discount on dappered.com... and bring back that meredith tartan bowtie. That's just gorgeous.

http://www.starboardclothing.com/pro...te-tartan-beau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is a favorite for sure, we only made 2-3, and the wool is long gone. I will see what I can do about a discount, but didn't want to step on any toes by offering one. If it isn't an issue, please let me know.

RHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Email Joe about it on the main site to see about getting it on dappered. You could put something up here in the threads under our Swap & Shop section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Information Systems Manager that is lucky enough to work with a team that is trusted by upper management to really let us do whatever we want that makes business sense. Currently working on a couple fun projects (VDI, DR colo, Shoretel VOIP, FOIP and getting our redundant ISP set up with BGP)

Looks like we have quite a few IS guys on here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Am I good to put something in swap and shop without Joe's OK? Or does everything need to be cleared from him first? (Been on enough boards to know that I need to ask for permission and not forgiveness).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Business Analyst working in Public Sector / Healthcare out of Boston. Other background - Technology / Web Operations in Higher Ed and A little bit of telecom ..

after a few years of tees and denim / shorts at work, I'm required to dress up (shirt, trouser, tie) for work now. I'm slowly building my wardrobe and simultaneously starting a journey towards a slimmer, healthier me..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

emergency medicine resident.

trying to class up the er with a tie and vest now and again. usually resorting to wearing kind of fitted scrubs and being called a hipster for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Anyone can post stuff for sale or swap on here. Our deals around the web sticky thread would be a good place for a discount too