Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: y'all watching anything good on tv?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Awake is face-lickingly good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Pitt, Parks&Rec only gets better and better. I've been meaning to check out Suits. Even though they're lower value, I find USA shows to be really enjoyable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

For those of you who have HBO, the first two episodes of Girls have been fantastic.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Caught up on Game of Thrones, and the current season has been great. Also what do you mean by "lower value" for USA shows @thmage? Judging by Psych and Burn Notice the shows seem to be pretty big-budget.

Also want to put a plug in for the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes (I believe it was called "Sherlock") - 2 seasons. Each one is three massive episodes. Top-notch production values, the wardrobes are actually freaking incredible, and each episode is really well-made and has you surprised until the end. Hoping for a season 3!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I've been through most of BBC series on Netflix (Sherlock, The Hour, Luther, State of Play) and currently watching through Kingdom & Kingdom (Stephen Fry.. whose Stephen Frey in America was a very well made show with a good amount of insight and commentary on how a brit views America as he finds out more about it through his travels)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Mad Men is a big favorite right now. As is Downton Abbey.

I love Parks & Rec, too. I'll be buying Game of Thrones Ssn 1 on Blu Ray this week and then I'll subscribe to HBO for Season 2.

@LosRockets USA shows are somewhat lower budget than the CBS, ABC, and (some) NBC shows because USA is a basic cable network and not a full broadcast network. Compared to NBC they get good ratings, but they are still in that range of successful cable network.

As for Sherlock, it is indeed now on Netflix so I have been meaning to catch it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Aren't White Collar & Suits USA shows? Don't seem "low value" to me.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

@Cannon, I don't really see the low-value-ness. I've watched Chuck or Alias and feel like the production on that is absolutely awful compared to Burn Notice (three very different shows with a superficial common theme). Obviously we're splitting hairs over something that doesn't concern or affect us in the least, just making an observation.

@pratyk, yup. I used to watch suits and still watch White Collar! USA Network in HD looks gorgeous.

Anybody else stopped watching the Office? So disappointed. On the other hand I caught the first episode of Veep. Not bad, will watch another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This season of the Office is so-so, however, the latest episode is one of the best in a long time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I still watch The Office. It is light and easy comedy these days, but if you have been with the gang for years, it is nice to stick around.

@LosRockets Well I don't think they are low value either, which is why I didn't say it. I love Burn Notice and think it stands up great!