Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: y'all watching anything good on tv?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    478 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Personally I loved that finale. Gonna rewatch that ep again this wk.

I actually drove past the parking garage in Georgetown where that scene was filmed on Thursday and I flipped the garage off. That's how stupid all that crap was. :P

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    I actually drove past the parking garage in Georgetown where that scene was filmed on Thursday and I flipped the garage off. That's how stupid all that crap was. :P
    you'd be in the minority for not liking the finale. thematically i thought it was perfect.

finished s2 of goliath. good, not as great as s1 but it was good to see everyone again

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    Just binged the entire series of The Haunting Of Hill House on Netflix. A masterpiece. Highly recommend and perfect for this time of year.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Five episodes into Season 1 of The Man in the High Castle. It's okay. I'll keep watching with hopes that it picks up soon.

I also recently finished Season 4 of Better Call Saul. Love that show.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Just binged the entire series of The Haunting Of Hill House on Netflix. A masterpiece. Highly recommend and perfect for this time of year.
    Yes! My wife and are through the first 6 episodes and enjoying it immensely. I tend not to expect much from original Netflix horror content, but Haunting of Hill House is fantastic. It's pretty much what I was hoping the first season of American Horror Story was going to be. It just nails the creepy, suspenseful vibe without being too reliant on jump scares.

Even though I'm not done with it yet, it already feels like one of those shows that I wish I could watch for the first time again.
    Last edited by Deke; October 16th, 2018 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)
    Just finished the newest season of Bojack. Maybe you've heard of him. He was on a very famous TV show. Back in the 90s.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Just finished the newest season of Bojack. Maybe you've heard of him. He was on a very famous TV show. Back in the 90s.
    Also just finished this too. I ended up watching all of the other seasons for the first time the six months or so before season 5 came out. Great show!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1462 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yeah! I just read good things about the series in the local newspaper. I'll likely wait and see if the series makes it to DVD and then take it out of the library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Six episodes in to The Haunting of Hill House, hoping to finish it this week. As others have said, it's really great and I can't wait to see how it wraps up. But I'm going slow so I can watch as much as possible during daylight hours. I read a bunch of Shirley Jackson last year so it's been cool to see what they kept and what they changed for this adaptation (and I'll be curious to see how the We Have Always Lived in the Castle movie adaption turns out)
    “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
    "The mood will pass, sir.”

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Man in the High Castle's getting a little sci-fi for my taste, but i'm still enjoying it.

Big Mouth was fantastic. Anything with Jason Mantzoukas in it is fantastic.