Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: y'all watching anything good on tv?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

+1 for Luther on the Beeb. I caught it on Netflix last year and was hooked. Idris is just incredible and I love how British TV requires that you pay attention. (See also: MI-5/Spooks)

I've been feeding my Mad Men addiction. I decided to give the show a shot a few months ago and have been plowing through the seasons since. I'm just about midway through Season 4. Good to see Sterling Cooper et al got the Honda account!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, I like me some bbc dramas, and watched Luther already. Also check "the last enemy" miniseries w/ Benedict Cumberbatch. Mi-5 was good for first few seasons...did tail off a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

+1 for Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory and BBC's Sherlock series. Is it really back next month? I can't wait.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Mad Men returns March 25

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I've gotta watch an episode every 4 days to catch up for the new season. =))

Other than that, I haven't been obsessing about Mad Men.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Justified. It is amazing.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

I love the campaign posters with just the small falling guy and the date. Such a great look and amazing that the intro has such a brand name. The posters are all over in NYC (subways, public phones, etc.). Also, January Jones... amazing. Never a huge Peggy fan, but that's a pretty good picture of her.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

My favorites that are currently on TV (sort of in order, although I'd say the top 3 are tied):

Archer

Parks and Rec

Justified

Eastbound and Down

Walking Dead

Modern Family

I watch a few other things regularly (New Girl, HIMYM, Happy Endings, Thursday night NBC), but those above are the ones that I don't miss.

I've been meaning to start Mad Men from the beginning for a couple years now, but just haven't gotten around to it.

@MagM

The Office has picked it back up this season. As much as I like Steve Carrel, Michael Scott was starting to get very stale and I think his departure was the best thing to happen to the show in awhile. This season has had a few episodes better than anything in the past 3 or so IMHO, and they've started a pretty fresh feeling story line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My favorites are Modern Family, Happy Endings, Alcatraz, Homeland, Downton Abbey...

Something about Downton Abbey is so addictive. I've watched both seasons of the iTV 1 British version after my girlfriend suggested I watch it. And the men's WW1 era style is pretty cool too. I wouldn't mind wearing some of Matthew Crawley's suits.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)

As long as this thread is back to live, I gotta say... I'm really sad that Megavideo is dead. It was the only reliable source I found to watch TV on the internet. I will never watch TV again. ;_;

Ben