Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: y'all watching anything good on tv?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AngusM View Post
    Have you seen "Life," starring Damian Lewis and Sarah Shahi? It was remarkably good for a USA show, and only has two seasons so it doesn't drag on.
    Great show, I wish it had continued, but as noted above, probably for the best that it didn't overstay its welcome.

I do agree that USA tends to run their shows into the ground rather than quitting while the quitting is good. But that's not really surprising, it's rare that TV channels quit a show while they're ahead **unless they have staffing/actor/director issues, etc.**.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Great show, I wish it had continued, but as noted above, probably for the best that it didn't overstay its welcome.

I do agree that USA tends to run their shows into the ground rather than quitting while the quitting is good. But that's not really surprising, it's rare that TV channels quit a show while they're ahead **unless they have staffing/actor/director issues, etc.**.
    I'll have to check it out. I like Sarah Shahi.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    530 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    I'll have to check it out. I like Sarah Shahi.
    Second.

Finally got around to starting Suits. I'm sure it's got way too many seasons as per usual but w/e. Keeps me busy for a while. :P

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Life was a very fun show to watch. I feel like if it had been given a 3rd season with only half the normal amount of episodes they could have ended it a little better. Suits is fun but is getting a little stale for me. I used to stay up to date on the newest episodes and am falling behind. Still haven't watched last season yet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    I cannot handle these hour-long dramas anymore. We get the 5 month old to sleep around 7, my wife goes to bed at 9 (she doesn't like dramas) so after making bottles or whatever chores I need to do, I can start a show until after 10. Since I wake up at 5 (AT THE LATEST) every morning with the baby, I can't make it 20 minutes into "The Night of" or "The Americans." I'm stuck watching "Ballers" and "Vice Prinicipals." The former is semi-entertaining fluff, the latter has a really inconsistent tone. It's like "Eastbound and Down" but with extra pathos. It goes from a "Stepbrothers" level of silliness to some disturbing shit pretty quickly.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Second.

Finally got around to starting Suits. I'm sure it's got way too many seasons as per usual but w/e. Keeps me busy for a while. :P
    Early suits is real good. This season has been meh

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1499 Post(s)
    For you Canadians in the group, I've been watching The Amazing Race Canada. Is it good TV? No, not really. But when there's nothing on and you're prepping dinner, it makes for an OK show in background.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    anyone actually watch hinterland? watched the first ep and it was ok, but not to my liking. between that and peaky blinders, starting to think joe and i have drastically different tastes in tv. does it get any better in later episodes? preferably more serialized than standalone...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    anyone actually watch hinterland? watched the first ep and it was ok, but not to my liking. between that and peaky blinders, starting to think joe and i have drastically different tastes in tv. does it get any better in later episodes? preferably more serialized than standalone...
    Haven't watched Hinterland but most UK tv shows are not standalone episodes and require you to follow the show. Some have enough plot to stand alone a bit (eg, Sherlock), but you'd miss a lot if you don't want it fully. Reading a little, it sounds like Hinterland is a noir crime drama, so I get its a bit slow at times (think True Detective Ssn 2). It's also Celtic, so that might be factored in.

Surprised you didn't like Peaky, you might be the first person I've heard say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha King View Post
    I cannot handle these hour-long dramas anymore. We get the 5 month old to sleep around 7, my wife goes to bed at 9 (she doesn't like dramas) so after making bottles or whatever chores I need to do, I can start a show until after 10. Since I wake up at 5 (AT THE LATEST) every morning with the baby, I can't make it 20 minutes into "The Night of" or "The Americans." I'm stuck watching "Ballers" and "Vice Prinicipals." The former is semi-entertaining fluff, the latter has a really inconsistent tone. It's like "Eastbound and Down" but with extra pathos. It goes from a "Stepbrothers" level of silliness to some disturbing shit pretty quickly.
    I was in the same boat when my daughter was younger. I'm a huge fan of 22 minute comedies. Brooklyn 99 is best of anything on television. New season starting soon so get caught up. Old episodes of 30 Rock or Parks and Recreation were my go-to if I didn't have anything else to watch and wanted to zone out before bed.