Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: y'all watching anything good on tv?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post
    4 weeks until season 4 starts. Highly recommend you get caught up on this one above all others. Spoilers will come your way eventually and it's just not as fun to watch after the fact.
    my wife and I just finished watching the first three seasons because of this... already had a couple spoilers, didn't want any more.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)

y'all watching anything good on tv?

Just finished Dexter. Funny how Miami seems to have the highest per capita rate of serial killers in the country. There were 4 (5 if you include Dexter) in season 8 alone.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfs View Post
    my wife and I just finished watching the first three seasons because of this... already had a couple spoilers, didn't want any more.
    I am trying it both ways. I watched the first three seasons as they came out, without touching the books. Got confused a little with all the characters and the geography.

Then I read the first 3 1/2 books and got a much better sense of what was going on. Now I know what will happen in season 4. It will be interesting to see how they interpret this on the show. It might be more fun to experience it this way.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    But regarding GoT, I rebooted the whole series for myself and started back at ep1 today. I was kinda lost with where I left off, and the story had gotten a bit foggy. It's gonna be a long road, but at least "Spring is coming."*
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    I am trying it both ways. I watched the first three seasons as they came out, without touching the books. Got confused a little with all the characters and the geography.
    There are indeed a lot of character names, Houses and locations to remember and to make it worse many of these things have alternative names. I usually watch the show with one particular wiki page (without book spoilers) open so I can look up names/locations fast. It's made watching the show much easier.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post
    There are indeed a lot of character names, Houses and locations to remember and to make it worse many of these things have alternative names. I usually watch the show with one particular wiki page (without book spoilers) open so I can look up names/locations fast. It's made watching the show much easier.
    Cool idea. Any deets you can share on which wiki? I'd like to check it out.

During some shows I watch, I find myself googling certain things mid-ep. But other certain shows (Sherlock, as a perfect example) you simply can't look away from the screen for fear of missing something super cool; ex: the text/graphics flying all over the place, detailing Sherlock's deductions:

*potential SPOILER* screenshot/gif

... or any of the numerous references and Easter eggs (*possible* spoilers after the jump):

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2014/...ee-annotation/

... or simply some (spoiler-free) nice visuals thrown in from time to time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Cool idea. Any deets you can share on which wiki? I'd like to check it out.
    http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Thrones_Wiki

I call it "the black wiki". There is another GoT wiki that is white in color and it is absolutely full of spoilers...sometimes in the very first line of a page. It's terrible. The black one is the safe one. I've done quite a bit of reading on this wiki about the history not covered in the show. For instance the articles about The First Ones or Valyria or Aegon the Conqueror add such a rich depth to the show you would miss without doing the reading. The history of Harrenhal is a great one to read since it is featured and mentioned in the show several times.

There are a series of short videos from the DVD that cover a lot of the back story not covered in the TV show that are great to watch. Can be found on youtube. There are 20 - 30 videos I believe, each under 4 minutes.
    Last edited by JGL; March 12th, 2014 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Awesome, @JGL. Thanks so much!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I just started watching The Clone Wars on Netflix with my 6 year old. Its good stuff.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    I watch The Walking Dead and have been watching through the past seasons of Justified on Amazon.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post
    I watch The Walking Dead and have been watching through the past seasons of Justified on Amazon.
    Justified is on my list of things to watch. I work 12+ hours a day so I dont get much time to watch, so its a long list, lol.