Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: y'all watching anything good on tv?

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    We don't have cable or even a television for that matter. We're just getting into LONGMIRE via Netflix.

We went through BREAKING BAD and DEXTER, and we just finished SHERLOCK (BBC) and also the recent FLEMING series.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    If you like Longmire try Justified.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    Hannibal

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Hooked on Black Sails. Really badass so far.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    Agree! That was an amazing sequence at the end, the way they shot it in an almost continuous fashion, with the camera fixed on him through the ghetto houses and over the fence.

My understanding was that this was to be only a one-season show. Is it coming back next year?
    I believe that it is coming back, but it will have a new plot/setting with new actors.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Can't wait for this to start!

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Just went through The Fall. Great show. Looking forward to season 2.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Current faves:
    - Sherlock - Just finished the free stream of S3. Dayyyam! Now the waiting begins for S4. Ugh.
    - The Walking Dead - Slllllowwwwwwer than usual lately.... but honestly, it would have to slow down a little here and there if it was really going on, so I'm OK with the character dev.
    - Mad Men - Obviously not watching current eps, but watching the calendar/clock like a hawk. C'mon!

Other sorta-current digs:
    - Archer - Still catching up on old eps via Netflix.
    - Downton Abbey - Gotta get caught back up here too. Missed some streaking on PBS after Netflix/Hulu+ seasons/eps.
    - American Horror Story - Actually just gave up on *this* particular season/series. I liked parts of it, but found myself almost forcing myself to catch up on the DVR.
    - Top Gear - Catch new ones from time to time, and old eps that sound interesting to me when I have the time. Good change-of-pace for me and what I typically watch.
    - Game of Thrones - Still way back with this one. We don't have HBO, so I'm hoping to catch up when/where possible via other ways.
    - Breaking Bad - Same deal. Catching up via Netflix.
    - Big Bang Theory - Just catch reruns late at night from time to time. Used to be faithful to the current season, but slacked too much and fell behind.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; March 10th, 2014 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    - Game of Thrones - Still way back with this one. We don't have HBO, so I'm hoping to catch up when/where possible via other ways.
    4 weeks until season 4 starts. Highly recommend you get caught up on this one above all others. Spoilers will come your way eventually and it's just not as fun to watch after the fact.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post
    4 weeks until season 4 starts. Highly recommend you get caught up on this one above all others. Spoilers will come your way eventually and it's just not as fun to watch after the fact.
    Yeah, The Walking Dead is that way for me too, even running just a single episode behind. Some of my dorky friends blurt out in texts or on FB, "No...!!! Not (so-and-so)...!!!"

But regarding GoT, I rebooted the whole series for myself and started back at ep1 today. I was kinda lost with where I left off, and the story had gotten a bit foggy. It's gonna be a long road, but at least "Spring is coming."*

* Actually, we're forecasted to be getting another 5-9 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, so ... yeah, maybe not quite yet.