Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweed pants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys,

I am looking for a decent pair of gray tweed pants for the upcoming winter. Does anyone have suggestions? I find these at Old Navy but I am not too confident in ON. any tips on how their dress pants usually fit? quality?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=888241002&tid=onfr1r

Any suggestions would be much appreaciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those are 60% poly. Not sure if that's acceptable to you but figured I'd point it out. I have very little faith in ON so seldom buy anything from there.

That said I may pick up a blazer and have a tailor go to town on it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

tend to be not so slim fitting, quality I'd say you get what you pay for. those look halfway decent, I might be stopping by my local old navy so I'll try them on if I do. there's a 25% off coupon on their web site now so if they're not too frumpy I might grab a pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check out Bonobos selection. With the groupon running, it's 50% off, plus the discount code BANANAS for 20% off, for a total of 60% off, 40% of original prices ((100%-20%)*0.5), $66-78.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently purchased tweed grey pants in store from Gap! Theyre great! I did have my tailor slim down the legs on them to get a better fit. They also have a navy tweed trouser with subtle pinstripes on them I noticed in store. I cannot seem to find those online.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=851157

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that the Old Navy's aren't looking great, but I am having a hard time finding many options. Probably wouldn't pay 45 for them but might be ok with a coupon - Trash, let me know how they look if you do stop by

Charles - I was looking around Bonobos, and but didn't see any tweed pants on the site. Am I missing something?

Tat- thanks! those gap ones look pretty great. Might jump on them if a discount comes up soon. Before you got them tailored were they a decent fit or pretty baggy? I am kind of a stockier guy so I don't need things to be too trim.

Any other recommendations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tried on the Tweed pants in the store a couple days ago. I wear the ON slim khakis quite a bit as work pants since my work can ruin a pair of pants. These unfortunately seemed baggier than the slim cut so I couldn't justify the price.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

checked out the pants today, I agree that they were pretty baggy. I'd rather wait for another %-off sale at gap/BR and get something in a better cut and a nicer fabric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Austinrue yea the Gap pants are not very slim fit, but they are not super baggy by any means. I did have to size up to a 36 in those to fit me properly, but had to alter those 36's because of the different areas that needed to be slimmed back down. My suggestion is try em in store. I purchased them when Gap had a 20% off all pants sale. I love em. Great winter grey trousers to go with alot of sweaters or Blazers!

FYI: I am also a stockier person, I would say the 36's fit me great. Im 210 lbs, 5'11. 44 chest, 34-35 Trousers. 16.5 neck 34 sleeves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Tat, thanks for the extra info. We are just about the exact same measurements. I usually wear a 36 pant but go down in 34 to gap as there stuff seems to run a little big. I am hoping to have time to go check them out in store tomorrow