Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New hair product

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been using some stuff called Monkey Brains Grease Monkey Hair Pomade. Was like $5 at Walgreens. Works pretty well for me, but I have fine hair.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

The guy on the video channel I linked to mostly uses American Crew also, so I guess that goes with others recommendations above. I have heard it recommended many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cannon, thanks for that link. I watched a few of his videos and may try out one of his recommendations. He keeps mentioning how he likes to be able to touch his hair and avoid the "crunchy" feel, which is good because that's probably the biggest factor for me too. I'm tempted to try the vo5 reworkable putty he demonstrated in one of his videos (the only thing is I haven't been able to find any of the products he mentioned for the prices he listed).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

@hdm

That can be tricky as he is from England (I'm in the US), so some products go under either a different name here, or they aren't available here in the same form if at all, but many of them are so just check around with some different choices that he mentions and just hope for luck with prices. I like his channel, he's pretty fun and cares about hygiene and style. Overall, he is at least going to say what the product is basically (pomade, texture cream, paste, clay, etc.) so you can look for something with the same function from those brands here in the US or from a similar brand to get similar effects.

And to the thread starter, this may be specific to your interests and he links to some products from the vid for ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFuE6LIB3M

EDIT: He links these sites sometimes which ships to most countries, I believe. A lot of his products are available on these, though price may be iffy (the first one ships free to many places):

http://www.feelunique.com/

http://www.lookmantastic.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey gents, I got a hair cut this afternoon and decided to mix it up a bit, going for more texture. Because of this, I just canceled my order of American Crew forming cream from Amazon. Are there any American Crew waxes out there? Maybe I'm just missing it but I don't see anything on their website. The person who cut my hair used b&b Sumo Wax but that's prohibitively expensive, plus I've always enjoyed my Crew products and would like to stick with the brand if it's an option.

If I remember right a lot of you guys seemed to like Fiber, could that be what I'm looking for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use the fiber. It's a good hold, doesn't leave my hair crunchy, and it doesn't look greasy. I think it would do very well for the layered look that you're going for.

On a similar note, I just bought the American Crew shampoo for the first time. I'm not totally sold yet, I think it may be leaving my hair a little more greasy than normal. I'll give it some more time though.

I also got a sample of Men's Redken shampoo, I kind of like it so far, that may be the next purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use the Crew forming cream as well and have used, depending on the style, most of their other products at one time or another.

Yes, $15 is pricey from Target for one container. But,as magm said, they last awhile and once you know which product you like you can just order them on amazon for super cheap. It's like 17$ for a 2 pack on subscribe and save right now. Definitely worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use GO247 styling cream

http://www.go247men.com/products/styling-cream

Easy to apply, a little goes a long way, holds but leaves hair touchable (not sticky or goopy), washes out easily, and smells nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright guys, I ordered some Murrays Super Light pomade off amazon, and have been using that for about a week. Stays in the hair all day and washes out really easy. Smells pretty good and is dirt cheap. We have a winner folks. Thanks for all the input Gents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey you picked mine! Wait I think I have something prepared for this.

I would just like to thank my mom and dad, everyone who supported me in hair choices. All the little people out there and everyone who ever believed in me. Thank you!