Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 5901

Thread: Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    I open the deals thread, and I see deals for $400 and $500 shoes and boots...that must mean either we are definitely out of recession, or we are heading back into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    Agreed. Some of you guys must have fairly sizeable clothing budgets.
    I'm not saying I can afford those Meermin boots, but they are (or were, anyway) a good deal for a shell cordovan boot, which can often run several hundred more. Its a deal in the sense that its cheaper than comparable alternatives - but not compared to the Stafford Deacon. I think some of the posts here have been for what many would consider "grail" items - those items that are highly desired and many consider worth saving up for, like an Alden Indy boot, etc.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I'm not saying I can afford those Meermin boots, but they are (or were, anyway) a good deal for a shell cordovan boot, which can often run several hundred more. Its a deal in the sense that its cheaper than comparable alternatives.
    Exactly. There's no maximum item value for this thread. Most of us aren't buying everything we post, but I share these deals with the community in case somebody has been looking for that particular item. And people end up buying more often than you think

Another deal:
    The Knottery: "GOBBLE" takes 25% off any purchase, including sale items I believe. Be aware that shipping is $5.99 and will negate most of your discount if your purchase is fairly small, like mine was. Kind of disappointing but it's still money saved.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Ludlow Sportcoat in Japanese Chambray is down to $59 on JC's website(code:HOLIDAY). Very versatile and unconstructed sportcoat for warmer months.
    I believe Joe reviewed the other sportcoat (cotton version, also down to $59) in one of his previous posts.
    EDIT: Nevermind, he mentioned this one as well:
    http://dappered.com/2014/11/j-crew-2...der-100-picks/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Look for this in the mail.

Banana Republic 40% off in store and online + additional 15% off if you open a BR card. Two codes one for Dec 5-7 and one for Dec 12-14. Might combine with the email sign up discount?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Mr. Porter has the Billy Reid Bond Peacoat for 30% off today: http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/b...ea-coat/463127

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Jack Spade Surplus Sale went live today (random markdowns on random items).

Myself am really thinking about finally getting a grown-up laptop bag / briefcase. Anyone have thoughts on this: http://surplus.jackspade.com/on/dema...=bags&start=13

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    That's fair. I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't post that kind of stuff. It was more along the lines of "damn, that is some serious coin to drop on a pair of shoes."

And to keep things on topic, this from the AE Shoebank:

Save $50 - $100 on select Calfskin styles. Carlyle, Grayson, Park Avenue, Strand now $249. Flatiron, Fifth Ave, Delray, Randolph, Patriot, Vernon, Lexington now $199. LaSalle now $209. Wilbert now $184. Prices are as indicated below. Now through December 7th.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    Ludlow Sportcoat in Japanese Chambray is down to $59 on JC's website(code:HOLIDAY). Very versatile and unconstructed sportcoat for warmer months.
    I believe Joe reviewed the other sportcoat (cotton version, also down to $59) in one of his previous posts.
    EDIT: Nevermind, he mentioned this one as well:
    http://dappered.com/2014/11/j-crew-2...der-100-picks/
    The contrasting collar and brown chunky buttons killed it for me. They're even cheaper in store, if you're interested.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I have created a separate thread where moderator decisions can be discussed: Transparent Discussion on Dappered Threads' Moderation. You are welcome to continue your discussion on Fred, but please move the discussion to that thread.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2082 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    I have created a separate thread where moderator decisions can be discussed: Transparent Discussion on Dappered Threads' Moderation. You are welcome to continue your discussion on Fred, but please move the discussion to that thread.
    I moved the relevant posts from this thread into that one.
    Ben