Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 5901

Thread: Deals Around the Net: Open Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    Yeah, I guess I could still return them, but I was just having second thoughts on the style and wondering if any one else liked them.
    They're nice quality - just like regular 1Ks (Apron toe will talk to you or not - it's sleeker than red wing moc toes, clunkier than Alden Indys, from what I'm told). They're well made boots, made of nice materials. Most people size a half size down from their dress size (I size a full size down and they're still very roomy). If they don't fit well, return them. If you don't like them, return them. The price you got was good, but not earth-shattering (best I've seen is ~$150 for STP seconds. I treat seconds as almost-as-good, because they're not supposed to stay immaculate. YMMV). That said - the "I ordered these, what do you think?" belongs in a different thread.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBayesian View Post
    They're nice quality - just like regular 1Ks (Apron toe will talk to you or not - it's sleeker than red wing moc toes, clunkier than Alden Indys, from what I'm told). They're well made boots, made of nice materials. Most people size a half size down from their dress size (I size a full size down and they're still very roomy). If they don't fit well, return them. If you don't like them, return them. The price you got was good, but not earth-shattering (best I've seen is ~$150 for STP seconds. I treat seconds as almost-as-good, because they're not supposed to stay immaculate. YMMV). That said - the "I ordered these, what do you think?" belongs in a different thread.
    Thanks. Surprisingly, I just got them in the mail, after being told they were on backorder. I will post an initial review shortly.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aqwayne93 View Post
    Have you ever handled Black Fleece suits? Is this lapel considered standard? (Looks to be okay in the picture, but does not look as full as your Maco) Not sure how to feel about the Three-button roll. My heart is telling me yes, but my mind is saying no to spending $500 for a first suit.
    I have never tried one on in person, but I have researched them online. I wasn't thinking about the lapels, but yes, the Black Fleece typically has narrow lapels. They also have short jackets, but you can likely fix this by sizing up in length. That said, I would say the quality is above 1818 line. I love the 3-button roll. It buttons like a two button, but the third button give the lapel roll more fullness and character.

The only drawback I see is the narrow lapels, so if that bothers you, I would probably pass on this line.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    The only drawback I see is the narrow lapels, so if that bothers you, I would probably pass on this line.
    Does this specific suit look like a bad offender? Or is it in between classic and the super slim.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    It doesn't look super skinny, but yes, too slim for my preference.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

J crew extra 40% off fall stuff....

drops the blueberry blazer to $184 and the grey cord blazer to $90.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    drops the blueberry blazer to $184 and the grey cord blazer to $90.
    . Got the blueberry blazer myself this morning. Limited sizes left.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Damn, out of my size 42L in that one. My only casual blazer is a navy cotton one so I could use other colors first, but that looks so good at that price it would have been hard to pass up.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    The club blazer is included as well and is $243. That's the lowest I've seen it yet, but still a tad out of reach for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Orient is doing a 40% off everything(?) with code HOLIDAYS. Doesn't seem to include one of their freebie watches like the DAPPERED30 (30%+watch), so guess it depends if you want one of the free watches or not.

Seems the DAPPERED30 code has a scaling for the free watch. At around $200 after discount, the watches were fairly "meh," but once I broke $500, it started offering things like the Bambino and Planet.